Author Topic: Store Version Of Op2 And 'dan'  (Read 2004 times)

Offline scarmouth

Store Version Of Op2 And 'dan'
« on: June 12, 2005, 07:01:37 PM »
Hello,
Have recenlty re-installed the game in XP PRO and ran into no probs on the install.
However, the SIERRA updater seems to fizzle AFTER the patch was downloaded (could not find OP2UPDT.EXE in the ~SIGPAT directory)

Anyway, I've also nabbed the latest version here and installed in a seperate directory.

I've have a look @ all three pages of posts within this board and found one on 'DAN'.  Regardless of the version I play, 'DAN' doesn't seem to work. No WOOF WOOF for me.  I understand that 1.3.2 had them removed but my store bought version should have worked OK.

Also, there are supposed to the 2 CTRL sequences that work in lieu of 'DAN' but they too seem not to be functional on either version.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 07:16:51 PM by scarmouth »

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 11:57:14 PM »
Yea, I could never get cheats to work either, so I had to beat the game the standard way...   Its also more fun that way.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 05:25:25 AM »
The 'Dan' cheats are cheat codes, not just typing 'Dan'.

The cheats will work with the standard version.

The sierra updater wont work because there is no sierra update server up anymore :P

Our package includes the 3 offical sierra update packs.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 07:16:10 AM »
Adding on to Lev's Reply:

CTRL sequences have to my knowledge never worked...
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 07:43:58 AM »
Yeah, the Ctrl sequences were for Outpost 1 not OP2, people have gotten those mixed up all over the net.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 07:29:41 PM »
Yeah, anything other than the "Dan" cheats were a load of crap. Don't bother wasting your time trying to make them work. And yeah, the "Dan" cheats are a set of phrases that activate cheats. They were put in by the lead programmer, who's name I'm sure you've guessed by now is Dan. These were removed in our version.

Oh, and a quick reminder in case anyone forgets. Plz don't post the cheat codes on the forums.

Offline scarmouth

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 09:28:56 PM »
Thanks guys.

I read the forum before posting and know NOT to post the actual cheats.
Of course, they're easy to nab as we're all aware:)

Yes, I realize 'DAN' is a sequence and I've tried upper/lowercase combinations with and without a period @ the end of the string on my store version and no dice.

Regards the Sierra updater, it still updates my version meaning yes, the patch mechanism does work.  What craps out is the missions upgrade. A new executable is dropped into the '~' directory I specified and if I interceed and run the exe, the missions are installed.  Seems like the updater deletes the files in the directory then tries to run the executable.

Kudos for Sierra offering an update, however stale, 7+ years after the game was created.  Kooties to them for breaking it:)