Author Topic: New procedures/items  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
New procedures/items
« on: April 02, 2005, 02:49:36 PM »
I've been digging into OUTPOST.EXE this whole week, and came up with a LOT of interesting (and useful) stuff!!

So far, i've gotten the in-game options/prefs locations, and procedures, which makes it possible to toggle any of the flags (i.e. checkboxes) with your code. The only useful thing that i could find is to turn off the music and back on, to make it start playing the songlist from the first item again. In combination with a new songIds list, this action will instantly start playing a new song. This could be used for increasing song-tempo the moment a volcano erupts, or when a large group of enemy units come in, or whatever.....

The other thing is, after looking into my notes about the internal unit structure, i found another useful byte: "busy".  The exported functions only return a boolean; either true or false, using IsBusy()  - but i've come up with a list of actions that define "busy" in detail. Now, i know exactly what a unit is doing at all time.

Until now, i will not be releasing this code. I need to test it further, and work it out some more. As Hooman and op2hacker know, this code isn't pretty, and it is not 100% guaranteed to work.
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Leviathan

New procedures/items
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 04:23:45 PM »
Could you tick the tick boxes on multiplayer menu?

eg Set morale steady, disasters off, no day n night

Offline Eddy-B

New procedures/items
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 06:33:38 AM »
No, but you can already do that, can't you ??  using code!
Code: [Select]
TethysGame::ForceMoraleOK(0)
TethysGame::SetDaylightMoves(0)
TethysGame::SetDaylightEverywhere(1)
About disasters: you control that in the DLL : if no disasters are programmed, none will occur!
--------------------

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
New procedures/items
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 07:08:06 PM »
Eddy-B, want me to double check your lists? I have one that I think is complete for the busy byte. Offset 0x21 in the unit records. Values 0 through 0x36 defined.

Offline Eddy-B

New procedures/items
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 01:56:10 AM »
Cool coz im missing a lot of them (but i didn't really do ALL of it, just the ones that i needed, and the ones easy to obtain - like moving & fighting)

I'm missing 04/05, 0A~11, 13~1A, 20, 23, and 29~2E
oh, last 1 i have 2F, since i didn't know how long the list was, i never bothered to check any further. I'll PM u my list

[span style=\'color:gray\'][EDIT] Thanx to Hooman i've completed the list and worked out the code to go with it[/span]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 05:08:39 PM by Eddy-B »
--------------------