Author Topic: working cheats or trainers  (Read 10540 times)

Offline Cheater2500

working cheats or trainers
« on: March 19, 2005, 07:24:49 PM »
there some working trainers or cheats????

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 07:27:50 PM »
the cheats have been removed from the game.
if u got the cd version u can still use the cheat codes in game.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 04:54:27 AM »
There used to be a separate program for ore. Got that one fixed lev ?
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 06:11:58 AM »
Seperate programs won't work for multiplayer. It would work fine for single player if you really want to destroy the fun of the game  <_< , and they might appear to work for multiplayer but only on your computer. It will desync the game and quite possibly cause crashes. If you really insist on cheating, use a CD install (or non recent OPU version) or seperate trainer programs. Don't try it it multi, it won't work but it will annoy people.

But still, how fun can it possibly be if you're cheating? Why not just try an easier game setting, or a colony game without an AI opponent.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 08:27:10 AM by Leviathan »

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »
there is one trainer on
http://www.outpostuniverse.net/downloads.htm
i dont no of any others....

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 10:18:27 AM »
Lev, believe me, there is such a program.

I used to have it on my comp, but I've lost it now. And Yes, it did work for multiplayer. All it could do however was to add in ore.

it could add in 30k of either common or Rare in 1 chunk.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 01:08:50 PM »
Highlander, did you verify this on the remote computer? I bet it didn't really work. If you run such a cheat, your local copy will of course think it was successful. I mean, if you edit it's memory, how can it possibly know? But the remote copy won't agree, hence the desync. Units you build on your computer with the ore likely won't be built on the remote computer. Then when a packet references some action done with that unit, it might crash the other game since it tries to execute the action with a non existent unit.

There is no network code that can handle the addition of ore in multiplayer. The only way to get it, is to have a truck return it. The only way to have a truck return it, is just plain that. That have a truck in existence, that all copies of the game agree exist, and for it to actually be hauling ore. The only network traffic involved are the orders to the truck. Things like DLL edits to increase the amount of ore you have also won't work. They don't send any network traffic. They just rely on the assumption that the DLL will do the same thing on every computer. Hence, the local copy is fooled, but not the remote copy.

So again, I repeat. Cheats will only appear to work. If you try to verify, say by using a scout, you'll find that they don't actually work. All they do is desync the game. There is no way to cheat to add ore on the remote computers.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 04:48:40 PM »
Heh, Hooman, maybe you should try to explain that to <PÅ>Falcon ?

She gave me the link to the program and she showed me how it worked. If it only seemed to be working, then it seemed very real. The esg's she made made without having a rare ore smelter/storage didn't exactly imaginary blow up my vecs ;)

So yes, I'm very sure this works, if anyone still have a copy of the program is another question.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 05:05:35 PM »
I got given this app by someone a while back called TSearch.
Edits memory. Was able to change cargo of the SF in a game. Desyned or crahsed in multiplayer. Could also activate the cheats which are built into op2.

Donno about trainers etc, wasnt on WON in the day.

Offline Cheater2500

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 07:02:02 PM »
so someone cam PM me the cheats?

Offline threepointone

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 07:03:07 PM »
no
whyd you need em?

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 07:04:14 PM »
The cheats are disabled.

Sorry.

Offline Cheater2500

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 07:05:38 PM »
i know that but i got the original cd

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »
Great...

I hope you enjoy Outpost 2, you have found the community :)

Become a active member and stay around please. Ill give you the cheats then.

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 09:11:17 PM »
The cheats are disabled.

How so? I've been gone for quite a while. Has there been a good anti-trainer tool for multi? If so, would anyone object to the public release of my ultimate trainer?

The Forbidden Outpost 2 Forum ... they don't want you to know about it.
Yell if the above link disappears.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2005, 09:40:54 PM »
they have come out with a couple updates for op2, I beleave that version 1.3.1 has the cheats disabled, we are currently on version 1.3.2

the programmers have been busey lol
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 12:24:46 AM »
So they disabled the SetCheats ... hmmm, that would degrade the value of the trainer. Well, I still probably would have all the other cheats.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 02:01:50 PM »
No the SetCheats have always been disabled since Scenario Pack 1.

What we did was find the code that processes the text cheats, and effectively disabled it. (It doesn't get a chance to run and thus cannot process and "do" the cheats)

So in short, if you type in Dan's cheats, nothing happens.
Oh by the way, thru understanding how it checksums the cheats led to the discovery of the 4th one (and there are 3 variations of it, they all corresponded to the same cheat though)

So that's that.

Regarding anti-trainers: not yet. So could I ask you hold off on not releasing the mega trainer to the public? (Though it's probably pretty safe. Trainers desync the game in multiplayer 99% of the time).

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2005, 03:22:40 PM »
So, my trainer would still be quite effective. I never was able to utilize the Dan cheats in a trainer. Besides, my trainer tops the Dan cheats, esecially with rapid fire being nearly infinite.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 04:26:48 PM »
Just thought I'd add a few notes.

I've heard of there being 4 cheats for a while, but looking at the code has confirmed there are for sure, without a doubt, exactly 4 cheats. What these cheats do is also now well know. As for what text strings activate each one, there are variants of them all, not just the fourth cheat. For instance, if you were to replace a final period with a space (or any other letter) it would likely still activate the same cheat. In fact, the way it was done, you could have typed a random innocent sentence and accidentally activated a cheat. Granted, assuming an equal probability distribution, your chances are about 1 in a billion, but it was possible.

Also, I'd like to point out that we don't actually know what the fourth cheat code is (officially). We know of three text strings that activated it, but none of them were really "correct". They were all just those random collisions I mentioned above that we had about a 1 in a billion chance of randomly finding. (Granted, the strings weren't exectly randomly chosen, and their method of hashing creates some degree of clustering of solutions, which is why we found 3 all at once). So, in short, we have a number of text strings to ativate any given cheat, but only the first three are really "official" cheats. (All known variants of the 4th are grammatical nonsense, so there is no way they could really be right, but they do still work).

But yeah, all of those cheats are now disabled. Although I have to admit, I'm still very curious as to what that 4th cheat was really supposed to be.

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 04:45:43 PM »
Ah, so you guys never got to beat it out of Kev. That's a bummer.

Offline coolzero

• http://www.trippyac.com
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2005, 01:07:40 PM »
i know a original "cheat" it realy works but whel doud it was meant as a cheat its that you click on a research or so very fast (the building thats making it) and it speeds up thats the only "cheat" i ever found. i dont find it a cheat cous it takes ssoooo much time to make it a difrence clicking on it that you loze way to much time
becous havning my signature 5720 characters long or so is a little crazy and hacker would prob del my signature again i diseded to make a pic of it ... this is acualy my name in letters highlighted. i just took a ss  :D

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2005, 03:15:48 PM »
*sighs*

That is not a cheat. It's a myth. I've posted a number of reasons already why I believe so, including an analysis of the source code from Outpost2. But you're right, even if it did work (as little as people seem to think it does), it's still just a waste of time.

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2005, 04:02:40 PM »
In short, it updates more rapidly.   No cheat at all.   Just updates faster.   I wish Lab reserch updated faster though, never could for the life of me figure out why they had it done in such huge chunks.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2005, 04:38:09 PM »
what it is is that your mind is being stimulated by the increased action, thus causing a small laps in time preception.  The only thing that actually makes the research/building happen faster is to go to a place on the map with less animation, because then the computer doesn't have to transmit as much information to your moniter.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names