Author Topic: Outpost 2 Bugs  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Leviathan

Outpost 2 Bugs
« on: February 21, 2005, 03:07:18 AM »
Any one know any known bugs in OP2?

Ones i can think of:

Convec multibuild, if u place a building, but tell the convec to move off wen its about the build it will place the building then move off. eg if u were gonna build a vec fac and u did it u could then build anothr vec fac with tht convec.

invisiable invincible wall. not sure how 2 do it but i no it can be done...

invisiable wall - ive noticed when playing Pie and u kill the GP if u have mics behind where it used to be they cant shoot over the spot that it was at.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 03:19:34 AM by Leviathan »

Offline Tellaris

Outpost 2 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 03:11:56 AM »
The Invisible Tube!

Its done with a vehicle and a robo dozer.   Simply order the dozer to doze ontop of the tube, as well as beside it on one side.
Then, before it moves into the tile, move a tank into that tile.   This will make it doze on location, removeing the tube.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 06:18:42 PM by Leviathan »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Outpost 2 Bugs
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 04:28:02 AM »
Why stop there. You can also get invisible units! (Some editing required)

The Ghosts of Outpost2
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 06:19:10 PM by Leviathan »

Offline Zao

Outpost 2 Bugs
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 05:18:26 AM »
Lol, nice.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Outpost 2 Bugs
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 07:10:01 AM »
Not exactly a bug, but a feat that has always intrigued me:

It doesn't help a player in any way, but it is a confirmation that mining locations are preset. I discovered it 1 time I played in Pie back on WON. If you know more or less the exact location of your backdoor rare bar, you can send your Robo Surveyor to that exact square, and it will perform the usual testing with its nose, then turn around and drive upwards so it stands right above the non visible future rare bar. Just as it will do when it fnormally surveyes a ore bar.

NOTE:
1) This will only work if you have not already researched Rare Ore.
2) This operation will not reveal whether you get a 1,2 or 3 bar rare, neither will the ore bar show up as previously surveyed mining location once you finally reasearch Rare Ore.

ps Lev, the wall thing your talking about is more precisely reffered to as "killing a square". After you do this nothing can be done with this particulare square. No building, razing, driving over etc. (Note, Lava will eventually overrun it though)
Antoher feat is that you cannot build a wall of these, you can only kill each second square: (X is dead square, Y is a normal one) XYXYXY
So you can not completely seal yourself or your opponent in...
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Outpost 2 Bugs
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 11:47:46 AM »
Some editing required
SOME hooman lol.. u mean to say "i've hacked it" :P
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Outpost 2 Bugs
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 04:20:55 PM »
Major bug i found
If you have a GORF and have a scrap route setup then it is disabled because of lack of workers and you idle it the cargo truck will go to the gorf and unload then continue till the rubble is all picked up.The ore does get deposited into your storage.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 06:19:29 PM by Leviathan »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Outpost 2 Bugs
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 05:38:35 PM »
Most of the DLL's do use fixed positions. (It's a lot easier to program, as you probably have thought).

However a couple (La Corrida is the only one I can think of right now) do use some random positions. (basically a pick from a list, however, so it's not THAT random).

----

Another bug that's sort of annoying:
The selection bug. If you select a group of say, 5 units, you can select it again, and the select count still goes up to 10 units even tho it's the same units. (In armies the selection rects might overlap and so you're up to the 32 selection max even though there aren't 32 unique units).

If you guys are suggesting we repair some of these bugs: hard to say. Not all of them would be worth our while to repair (either too hard to find, or too hard to fix).

Hooman: that's no bug, it's called turning on/off some bits :P

Offline Mez

Outpost 2 Bugs
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 11:16:16 AM »
The invisible wall can be done, it just requires skill; an earthworker for each square of the wall and enough starflare to blow the area in one go (a supernova would do the trick as well) .

I think this will work highlander, unless im mistaken, i can at least get a 2 square wall (which is enough to cover part of an entrance in a pie game). longer walls require very good timing, due to the speed earthworkers can build the walls.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 11:19:16 AM by mezza »

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Outpost 2 Bugs
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 04:38:51 PM »
Well, true... 3 -5 square walls would be about the limit because of selection/build time of all the units involved.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2