Author Topic: Mission 4 discussion  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Mission 4 discussion
« on: February 15, 2005, 07:03:30 PM »
Well, mission programming hasn't started yet - but the ideas have been worked out, so i've started looking around for someone to map mission 4 for me (im not a good mapper).

The outline:
It's going to be a unit-only mission. Objective is to "raid" an enemy base. Player will come in with attack vehicles and some trucks and/or other vehicles - i'll keep that a secret!
Anyway: the map should be large enough to fit a big base containing some 3 or 4 mining routes, 2 CC's a couple of factories (VF and SF), agridomes, residences, std and adv labs (about 3 or 4 in total) and some other buildings like nursery, university and a garage.  I'll need some space for walls, tubes and GPs ! I'll leave it up to you, but i think 64x64 should already be big enough, but i might need twice that size; either in height or width..doesn't matter.

Most of the base should be on open terrain (orange soil), surrounded by hills on all sides, with several passes (about 5 or 6) through them, at least 3~4 tiles wide. terrain may contain some debris - even around the base area, as long it's "passable" so tubes could be built over them.
Of course the area around those hills is normal rock - there will be NO lava-rock (darkgrey) in this map.

Hope this explains it well!
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Mission 4 discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:17:12 AM »
I'd like to do the map. 128*64 isn't too big, 64*64 might be too small, because it would look somehow strange, when everything is placed narrow to each other.

I don't know how long I'll have time for doing such stuff before finals, so u better give me tasks now.

Offline Leviathan

Mission 4 discussion
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 06:35:06 AM »
The map dosent need to be done for some time so dont worry.

Offline Eddy-B

Mission 4 discussion
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 01:30:47 PM »
hey guys - dont fight over it, okay ?

please make sure ONE of you makes the map, i don't want to have to choose between 2 maps, and i most certainly don't want to dissapoint someone by not using their map..
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 01:34:04 PM by Eddy-B »
--------------------

Offline Eddy-B

Mission 4 discussion
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 10:13:42 AM »
I'll be setting up the AI base and things for mission 4, going to see where everything i want on it to be fit. TH300 made me a nice map already.

After i've coded the basic part for mission 4 i'll be getting back to mis3 to perfect its AI. When that's done, it'll be ready for release.
--------------------

Offline Eddy-B

Mission 4 discussion
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 06:53:34 AM »
Mission 4 is progressing well: the coding for unit placement and a rather extensive objectives list are almost done.

Leaves me only with AI coding: setting up mining & building operations, and defensive AI. I don't think i'll need offensive AI, or maybe just only in hard

This mission will go into beta before mission 3, and i'll be working with some new beta-testers. As of today the beta-host will be closed for the current team, and reopened as soon as mis4 coding is done.
This is all in your best intrest, so i can surprise all of you with the first set of 4, when it comes out (later this summer is my guess).

New beta-testers can already apply thru: renegades@eddy-b.com
Please supply your nickname (+irc nick if it differs), and preferably your real name. Beta-testers will be included in the credits by their nickname.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 06:56:04 AM by Eddy-B »
--------------------

Offline Eddy-B

Mission 4 discussion
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 02:17:54 PM »
YAHEY !
...and it's open for beta.. :D

i still have to do some minor edits, but i believe the AI is well enough now for beta-testing to start. I'll upload the mission as soon as i have some beta-testers on my list.

Submit your nickname and real (first) name to: renegades@eddy-b.com. Be sure to mention you want to "betatest". Other remarks/questions are also welcome on that same e-mail address

----------------------------------

Current BETA testers are:
  • OPU|Leviathan
  • OPU|ZigZagJoe
  • Gwyned
[/font]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 02:36:12 PM by Eddy-B »
--------------------

Offline Eddy-B

Mission 4 discussion
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 04:13:08 PM »
Mission 4 briefing (subject to change):

Commander:

Our recent encounters with the Plymouth Council forces has proven that they are technologically more advanced then we are. It would become a problem if the technological gap get even wider, that is why our next mission is very important.

We've located a small Plymouth base that we are going to raid for technologies. We have dispatched a small group of scouts and support vehicles at your command, to gather as much technological data as possible.

This mission is all about speed: as soon as their distress call goes out, The Council will send more units in to destroy our effort, so it is essential to be swift. Get what we need, and get out!

Move your scouts next to all buildings of interrest to find the technologies we're looking for. Please check your objectives list before you start your raid. [span style=\'color:green\']Your computer has been programmed to display a green rect around buildings of interrest. Make sure you check all of them before destroying any.

We have also reason to believe Plymouth scientists have created a way to extract some uncommon ores from New Terra's soil to support their new technologies. Since we do not have this technology developed yet, any raw materials you can find are useful.

As an addition to this raid, our chief robotics technician has sugguested we might be able to use The Council's security codes to our advantage. They are likely located in one of their Command Centers. He has also given you a prototype field-repair unit, called a "Spider". It is an upgraded version of the repair-units we use in our garages.

Finally, to make everything work, we need to capture a couple of scientists to "help" us in understanding these new technologies. Find those scientists in their university or one of the labs.

Good luck!

[/span]
--------------------