Author Topic: The one who dreams of a big big outpost 3 project!  (Read 3576 times)

Offline zanco

The one who dreams of a big big outpost 3 project!
« on: January 27, 2005, 08:48:33 PM »
Here I am.
People on mIRC remember me for all the bugging  :P
So I'm the one who believes that with some coordination and some strong will, we can make an "Outpost  3" project which will stand for the official third version. I have told them that I will do my best to gather people from around the world (internet is magic). If you are a volunteer, or someone that I have called or contacted, you can sign up and leave a message here whether talking about your skills in programming or what you can bring in order to make the dream come true. Afterwards, we can discuss about the story, the language or maybe finish one project that isn't done yet and is thought out well enough to stand as the official version!
I believe that if we are "many enough"  and willing enough, we can make an Outpost 3 project that could be translated in many languages, and , once again, stand for the official "Outpost 3."

if you are not interested in that, you can , please offer your help to finish one the projects already started. There are all here http://www.www.outpostuniverse.net/projects.htm

For the French people:
Bon voila ou Zanco est, je vous ai appele pour faire parti du projet. Je crois que j'ai ete clair sur Jeuxvideo.com ou sur les autres forums; vous pouvez donc laisser vos messages ici soit pour dire que vous voulez participer ou montrer vos competences en programmation (vous serez oublige de vous enregistrer). C'est un reve je sais, mais imaginez que ca se realise: un jeu sur le net que tout le monde peut telecharger avec VOTRE NOM en credit   (thumbsup)  et en plus cree par une equipe multi continentale (si ca ce dit) et par des fans!
Il y'a deja des projets qui ont ete commence vous pouvez voir  ici http://www.www.outpostuniverse.net/projects.htm (peut etre qu'un projet pourrait etre pris comme OP3)
Apres le recruitement de personnes, on peut parler de l'histoire de outpost 3, en passant, vous pouvez telecharger le jeux ici http://www.www.outpostuniverse.net/op2dl/  
mon mail: zancolagalere@hotmail.com

Zanco the dreamer. (I better wake up one day)

P.S: if this thing doesn't go far, can I ask somebody to delete this topic ?  :P  Just kidding. I hope I won't have to ask.

God bless us!
Que Dieu nous aide et nous Benisse!

By the way, I asked people on mIRC if I could write in languages other than English; no one answered. I took that as a "do whatever suits yourself you crazy!", so I wrote in another language.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 08:50:45 PM by zanco »
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

xfir

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 12:16:50 PM »

By the way, I asked people on mIRC if I could write in languages other than English; no one answered. I took that as a "do whatever suits yourself you crazy!", so I wrote in another language.
You can so long as the post is in English as well.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 02:51:52 PM »
Yep, as long as we (the admins) can have it english it's fine alongside the english translation.

On IRC, you can say stuff in whatever language you want.

Offline zanco

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 03:26:53 PM »
Oh My God!   :o
"THE Big Xfir" and "the marvelous Op2Hacker" answered me! :o

lol
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 08:56:16 PM »
Suckup   :lol:  :D

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 06:48:36 AM »
We're all just HUMAN
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 08:35:09 PM »
lol haha
thx for posting,

Offline Oprime

• http://Moogleforest.net
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 04:58:51 PM »
Hmm, If you really want there to be a big OP3 then first you're going to have to find someone to be the producer. It has to be somebody who can bring the GameDev crew together. The producer is going to have to make a flow chart of what needs to be done first and needs to be done last. For example planning is going to be needed before anything.

Programmers are important, but then there are different programmers depending on what you want in the game and what a programmer is best at programming for (music, SFX, Game engine). Having Programmers work on different sections speeds up the process and allows the programmers time to give the game some proper refinments when needed. Also you must take in to account artist they are on the same level of importance as programmers . A really good artist is going to be needed. Lots of things are going to be needed.

So, if this is going to go off the ground first we need a Producer. Who will be the Producer?
CPU: AMD Phenom II 940BE
RAM: Patriot Viper 4GB (2GB x2) DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum
Case: Thermaltake Armor Plus+
Power Supply: Themermatake ToughPower 1200Watt PSU
Hard Drive: Fujitsu 15k SAS SCSI 74GB/148GB Raid 0 @ 189MBps
Moniter: LG Flatron 20.1in Widescreen LCD 8ms 1400:1 Contrast ratio w/ F engine
GFX Card: 4 ATI Radeon 4870 1GB GDDR5 CrossFireX
DVD Burners: 2x SONY DVD-RW
Speakers[/b] Logitech Z-5500 505Watt 5.1 Surround
CPU Heatsink[/b]ZeroTerm NV120
OS[/b]Windows Vista Home Premium x64
:P I'm a Hardware freak ><

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 06:21:52 PM »
its not gonna get off the ground?

nice try/idea tho :/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 09:48:33 AM by Leviathan »

Offline zanco

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 08:53:36 AM »
Who will be the Producer?

mmmmm... Let me think deeply about that.

Thanks for your thought; I slightly thought about that.

We're all just HUMAN

... Who knows?...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 09:00:37 AM by zanco »
          Jakob Bernouilli

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 11:46:13 AM »
THE official Outpost3.........

Sounds great, but what will it be? Just an op2 clone with few more features? We should first have a good scenario, that is somehow different from op2. Its not so, that I don't like op2, I just don't want too much games (consider, there are already some sequals similar to op2 and also a clone) which aren't too different from op2.

If there'll be a new project, I should be able to contribute with programming. I can program in Delphi very well, but also know a bit c++. And it will be no problem, when we need to split it up into several different languages, since we can use dlls.

If there will be no completely new project, doesn't matter. I'd then like to contribute to any other project.

Offline zanco

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 04:40:33 PM »
<off-topic>
Whoa, been a long time.. huh? I'm sorry, but I was having some technical problems, but I'm okay now and ready to be back into business
</off-topic>

Not too much of a progress here I can see... No worries, i'm back. I hope everybody is alright.
          Jakob Bernouilli

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 06:15:24 PM »
welcome back.

Offline zanco

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2005, 09:37:31 PM »
Thanks  ;)  .
By the way, I want to ask you something. Is it possible to translate the game in other languages? cuz I have ppl saying that they get headache trying  :P   to translate it. I 've noticed that some files in the OP directory are text and have the same stuff we read when we are playing the game. Can I just translate those files and that will be it?

...Zanco.
          Jakob Bernouilli

Offline it2000us

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2005, 11:00:28 PM »
Was that actualy Xfir?
Or some b**** pretending to be him?

Any way, keep dreaming Zanco, i doubt it will happen tho.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 06:03:46 AM »
I think i no someone with the french version of the game.

Maybe we could offer it for download.