Author Topic: New Single Player Missions  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Leviathan

New Single Player Missions
« on: January 27, 2005, 04:40:01 AM »
I think a new Colony Game would be a good idea for a starting project.
We have been around for a while and many people have wanted new single player material.
Renegages is gonna be great but before this people would have liked extra colony games they can do wheneva.
I dont think Eddy should stop on Ren to work on this or anything but we can start the early planing stage now.
This shouldnt be a major consern or vitial to be done but i think we should aim to complete at least one new colony game for people.
I know every1 realy enjoys them.

All i can do myself is maping and ideas.
I hope Haxtor can help here.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 10:54:43 AM »
well, i've been wanting to do this; and i've asked around also: all we'd need is a fresh map to start with: just about ANYone can be a "director" of a new colony-type level, as long they can tell me where to put beacons, units etc..  and what to do about disasters. The programming is not too much of a hassle when it comes to putting static things onto the map (eg. no real AI units)

as for renegades, i've been putting it off for a couple weeks now, coz i've got a new business going, but i will update the missions from time to time. Right now mis3 is beginning to take shape
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 06:35:01 PM »
Well as u can see i started a new thread to get ideas from people.
We should do what people want 2 c.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 08:22:52 PM »
I definately have plans for a sandbox type of colony game, but I'm much too busy with other projects to really think about working on it right now. I was thinking there would be no victory conditions and hence no way to worry about ending the level. That would keep it nice and open. On the other hand, I'm thinking of not having any failure conditions either. Instead, I was thinking, if you base ever gets destroyed or disabled, reinforcements can arrive from the corner of the map and you can start over again. Perhaps have a slight time delay so people aren't too careless. Enough to seriously hurt morale or cut down their population a little. (Which migh also have to be replenished from time to time so they can at least keep a CC active.) Anyways, I was thinking of doing similar for a computer player on the other half of the map (at least for the hard setting). That way you always have a computer to go and kill.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 09:22:12 AM »
Once people find out about this reinforcement thing, it won't take a genious to have a massive amount of tanks waiting at the entrance point to blow those reinforcements all the way to hell. So i guess that won't work!
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 07:52:43 PM »
Who says the reinforcements will always come from the same place? Besides, maybe that's fine. It's not really meant to be a hard level. It's more of a sim city type of gameplay style. If they want to worry about being attacked, then they can allow the computer to build a base. Besides, on easy, I'd probably have no disasters and no computer to kill you, or at most allow that to happen in some contained section of the map so you don't have to worry about your main base.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 10:23:45 PM »
If the computer was to attack at all it could just be for expainshions and not the main base and it shouldnt attack till the player has units.