Author Topic: Outpost 2 Won't Run  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Charles8604

Outpost 2 Won't Run
« on: October 13, 2004, 02:44:22 PM »
Hey, I was wondering if someone out there might be able to help me. I downloaded Outpost 2 v1.3 from this website. But now it doesn't work. The main screen will come up but whenever I go to start any mission, it says that Outpost2 has cuased an unknown error in OUTPOST2.EXE. I downloaded the nocd crack and it said it was already installed or the wrong version and I don't really feel like downloading it again because i have dial-up. If anyone know of a crack or a way to reinstall it, which usually works when this happens, I would greatly appreciate it.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Outpost 2 Won't Run
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 03:06:26 PM »
Just download the latest version off http://www.outpostuniverse.net/op2dl/

Don't apply any other cracks or anything else. Just download, install it to a clean folder without anything else in it, and run.

Offline Charles8604

Outpost 2 Won't Run
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 04:22:37 PM »
I did that, I already downloaded it. I said I don't want to do that again if I don't have to because I have dial-up and it takes like 2 1/2 hours. I already have v1.3.0.0. that's the latest version.

Offline Charles8604

Outpost 2 Won't Run
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 04:24:14 PM »
Sorry for the double reply, but is there anyway that I can download the whole installion file so if I have to reinstall it I can just use that instead of downloading it again?

Offline Charles8604

Outpost 2 Won't Run
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 04:31:57 PM »
Hye, it's me again. I just thought of something. Could I use FTP to download the installation file from your site? I tried to but it requires a username and password, and my regular one doesn't work.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Outpost 2 Won't Run
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 08:48:10 PM »
Nope, sorry. We don't distribute the file as one big file because the active setup we use requires less bandwidth (it only downloads the files that need to be updated, instead of requiring a huge download for a minor update.)

Your best bet would be to install the game with all options to a folder somewhere, then keep the folder handy to replace your game in case something gets damaged.

Offline mustang09-06

Outpost 2 Won't Run
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 09:01:11 PM »
Or search on ebay and buy the actual CD of OP2. lol  :P   You could also have a friend download it (make sure they have DSL or cable first) lol and then have them burn it on a CD for you.

Offline Mez

Outpost 2 Won't Run
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 02:16:30 PM »
Did you download everything or just the multiplayer options? as if you only downlaoded the multiplayer bit then u can only the multiplayer option.
also what specs are your machine ie processor and os version. It is higly unlikly but there could be a os software conflict ie. op2 only runs on windows (i think) and not macs (i'm only guessing this).

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
Outpost 2 Won't Run
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 11:45:16 PM »
it doesnt run on macs.
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline Charles8604

Outpost 2 Won't Run
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 12:20:13 AM »
I'm sure that I downloaded the Single Player opyion as well. I was able to play the SP Missions then it just quit working one day. I have Windows ME on an AMD Duron 750 (only because my faster Athlon XP got fried) with 512MB of DDR266 RAM, an 80 GB Hard Drive, and a 64 MB Radeon Video Card. I doubt I should have any problems with this old of a game.

Offline Mez

Outpost 2 Won't Run
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 03:55:31 AM »
You spec is definatly not a problem, It has worked before so unfortunatly the files look like they have become corupt.  The only option unfortunatly to do a fresh instal which unfortutly means a fresh instal, you could click one option box at a time and download it in five stages.