Author Topic: Iraq War Thread Continued  (Read 26772 times)

Offline new-er-bie

Iraq War Thread Continued
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2003, 05:33:40 PM »
Jeez man, you won't trust anything I say so I get an article and you won't believe it. I'm thinking your never gonna believe it no matter what. Even if I'm right and theres all the evidence in the world. In that case I can't change you and there's no point in trying.

Those articles you gave me are everywhere. The army goes in and sees a moblie lab or whatever and order tests. Yeah some come positive only to be checked agian as negative. There still is nothing proven!

I think it's pretty lame how you deny everything I say and say that Iraq has WMD's and a definite al-qaeda link. Do some research, and intellectual knows that nothing's proven. And as for al-qaeda it's just common sense.

"We've found the dumped chemicals, we've found plenty of suspicious things, we know for sure the WMDs were there very shortly before the war" --Phil

No we don't know for sure WMD"s were there before the war, there you go assuming.

I agree that just cause it wasn't on mainstream news dosen't mean it's not true, but once in a while the public has to be reminded of the truth that they didn't find anything in iraq and bush looks like an idiot. You can't stand that can you?

We hadn't even "produced Iraqi scientists with evidence about them." The only thing Bush said we had learned from interrogating Saddam's scientists was that "perhaps he destroyed some, perhaps he dispersed some."

According to the Post, U.S. officials "have not turned up anything to support Powell's claim to the Security Council that 'nearly two dozen' al Qaeda terrorists lived in and operated from Baghdad."

A US official said that about the terror link, at least someone in the US gov knows and can't be brainwashed by bush.

Seriously, I think you just don't wanna be wrong. Or don't wanna believe that they didn't have any WMD"s or al-qaeda link. You don't wanna believe the the US went in just becuase it felt like it. Becuase it wanted to just change the regime. Why do you think the whole damn world was agianst the war. You don't see the real picture cause you live in the US and are surrounded by the media that will always be behind bush. ANd whatever you say you are liberal/conserative probably has something to do with it too. But I should say this cause it'll just piss you off more and you can say the same about me. Come on man, open your eyes. You have to see things from the international point of view. Not the UN view, and not the US view. The fair international view.  :blink:                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2003, 12:17:47 PM »
So much for the lost posts here.

---philipu2001

The Forbidden Outpost 2 Forum ... they don't want you to know about it.
Yell if the above link disappears.

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2003, 08:06:23 PM »
Well lets start a new thing.

First debate is if we should start another one.

Yeah cause it's funny.

and cause it get's Phil's post count up...

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2003, 08:09:11 PM »
Hey, your post count goes up too, and I don't complain! I don't know if it is worth starting up again, after "losing" our arguements.

---philipu2001

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2003, 08:48:34 PM »
I'm not complaining, If I was than I would say that your post count goes up unfairly cause I would want a higher post count. To complain, I would have to care about post counts, yours or mines, and I don't. I'm just saying that it'll work to your goal (when the rpg is back) of getting your thor thing.  

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2003, 07:31:04 PM »
Okay, instead of just three or for paragraphs, while don't we write essays. First essay is about how you think the current political system is, and try to keep no bias. The first one should be shortest. The second one is about who is right, and third is why the other side is wrong. New-er-bie, do you have any objections to you being liberal, and I conservative for this part of the debate. Also what issues would you like to discuss. I personally want to do some national ones, unlike the Iraq debate we have been doing. In these essays, we don't attack the person for what they think, but the actual ideology.

---philipu2001

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2003, 08:26:10 PM »
Damn phil, your the one that says I have no life. But seriously, I don't have time to write all these essays. I hate writing essay's unless it's something I care about.

what political system?

I feel like your getting a head start.  <_<  
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 08:26:30 PM by new-er-bie »

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2003, 10:31:00 AM »
Well, then pick you don't do the first essay, but eat from Freedom bread, or Freedom fries. Maybe I put more thought into things like politics than anyone else on the forum.

---philipu2001

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2003, 03:41:31 PM »
Post your essay and I'll see if it's worth it.  :D

Damn I'm so stupid. I should give you topics (my homework) and you'll write the essays.  :D  Perfect!
Your in the 10th grade right? This sucks, why didn't you propose this before, I got like 7 weeks of school left.  
« Last Edit: May 13, 2003, 07:12:33 PM by new-er-bie »

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2003, 09:07:19 PM »
For us 4 1/2 homeschoolers (Which is just me) it doesn't take long to write essays. Just pick polital issues for my second and third essay.

---philipu2001

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2003, 09:22:27 PM »
Isn't it cool to be homeschooled? Does some teacher guy come to your house? Or do your parents teach you? I always wondered, how do they do it, at least in georgia...how do they 'check' on you. To make sure your learning stuff, do they make you take tests? Going to school sucks, you have to wake up early, but the rest is fine.

Political issue number 2: why the US is good?

Political issue number 3: why the US sucks?

xfir

« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2003, 09:26:08 PM »
<!-- Off-topic -->

7 weeks!?!
I have like 6 days left!
I'm in 11th grade.

<!-- /Off-topic -->

You've switched from the entire "war" debate to essays?
Um.. ok.

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2003, 09:37:16 PM »
He dosen't wanna talk about it anymore...

So your a junior, upperclassman. 6 days! Your so lucky man. I have a little more than 7 weeks, but I don't want it to come to an end, I dont' want to take the finals.  :( And I don't wana become a junior, no more time to play around, then I really have to start caring.  :( Sucks.  

xfir

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2003, 09:58:44 PM »
<!-- More off-topic -->

Well, we have semester tests starting Thursday, so I should be studying.. but I usually do well without studying...

<!-- /More off-topic -->

(See, I am staring to involve basic coding in my posts... oh no, <HTML>!!)

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2003, 10:30:24 AM »
<Off Topic>
Me like HTML.

As for checking in, we just send copies of our good work in.
</Off Topic>

I'll finish the essay soon. I've been a bit more busy on the novel. We've sort of overdebated Iraq, and where we were was lost.

<Off topic>I did make a trailer. Does anyone want to see it? It's in an AVI file compressed within a RAR archive file</Off topic>

---philipu2001

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2003, 07:57:16 PM »
All you have to do is send in your good work? Thats awesome, but what happens with stuff like the SAT's. Do you still take them?  

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2003, 09:03:37 PM »
I'm taking the SAT next year. I took the PSAT this year. I'm a freshman, and I am doing Geometry, which is one year ahead of the public system. I usually take the ITBS each year, but this year I'm taking the Stanford. Also, they will know if you spent enough time in one way, BECAUSE OF THE GRADE YOU GET ON ONE OF THESE END OF THE YEAR TESTS. I'm tired. I just saw the Matrix Reloaded. Pretty Awesome. I saw the teaser for Matrix Revolutions, after waiting through 10+ minutes of credits, and credit music that gave me a headache. (I'm not a big music fan anyway) The public education system is a void where billions of dollars disappear, and the thing that counts is if you apply yourself to your work, otherwise, you may end up having bad grades.

---philipu2001

xfir

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2003, 09:52:58 PM »
I took my ACT recently. I got a 28 (Out of a 36). I also took my ASVAB and PSAT. I did exetremely well on the ASVAB, and I keep getting messages about how I did well on my PSAT too.

(This topic has officially evolved to school)

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2003, 09:13:13 AM »
Ah, isn't it a great day. I woke up this morning, listened to my news program. Hmm, France mad at US. Tourism down over there. Things cost 30% more there. Philip mad at guy who said Euro stonger than dollar. That guy made big deal about it. France use Euro.

YES THE EURO MAY BE STRONGER, BUT THINGS ARE CHEAPER HERE. Why the dollar has been devalued: so that people buy more things here, and we have 6 percent unemployment, they got unemployment in the double digits. I feel better now.

---philipu2001

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2003, 06:52:34 PM »
man it's been so long since I checked this thing, I almost forgot about it...

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2004, 08:33:53 PM »
This is to those who thought we never should have went to liberate the Iraqi people.  First do you believe that we should have joined WWII to help save the Jewish people. Well the same thing was happening in Iraq, if you disagreed witht he dictator, in this case Sadam, then you were killed. And don't say that's not true, because they've shown the killing fields on the news.  We're not in it for the oil, we're in it to save people. Bush  tried to get oil from Alaska, but the Democrats stopped his bill in Congress, THEN the say he goes to war for OIL?!?! Listen If no one else in the world is going to stand up for justice, then maybe the world really is doomed...but if we take a stand we might be able to someday have world peace. Even if Sadam isn't connected with Bin Laden (I believe he is), our Armed Services did the world a favor by removing this remorseless, and ruthless man.  
 James "JR" Koban AKA Cyborg-X versio 3.3, Yoda, Luweeg64, and Fluff-e

xfir

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2004, 08:38:59 PM »
Yes.. I still hear people say that we went over there for the oil.. but as of yet, I don't see any changes in our Oil supply..

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2004, 08:43:06 PM »
if anything, baised on the current price of gas around here, its been going down lol
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2004, 08:49:34 PM »
Exactly, and the peace activists (FREEDOM PROTESTERS) say that Bush is a Nazi...well that makes no sense, because Hitler was a Nazi, am I not correct? And Hitler persecuted(executed) the Jewish people. Then during the Gulf War (some ppl calling it Gulf War I) Sadam launched missles at Israel, which is predominantly Jewish. so the Armed Forces removed Sadam from power they were helping, not hurting the Jewish people, which I think negates the statements that Bush is a Nazi.

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2004, 10:09:06 AM »
I agree.  I think that the war protestors are wrong in saying that Bush started the war for oil.  We're the ones that want import teriffs to support local national business.