Author Topic: Just A Question, Sorry If This Is Out Of Place!  (Read 2714 times)

Offline DartStriker

Just A Question, Sorry If This Is Out Of Place!
« on: February 19, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »
I've been browsing these forums for a little while now, and I would really like to get in on some OP2 Multi player action, I've never played the game online, I was too young when we received the game, but I have played it over a LAN with my father. So, I know you guys have multilayer stuff here, but I cannot figure it out, please point me in the right direction! If it evens till exists!

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 08:36:34 PM »
You'll need an IRC client (you can download one here) to connect to our chatroom, where we plan games and talk about stuff in general. You can download our client here:
http://www.outpostuniverse.net/files/irc/opunnsirc.exe

And you'll also need the latest version of OP2 (1.3.4 Revision 2, but there are rumors of a 1.3.5 coming out soon...):
http://www.outpostuniverse.net/files/op2/op2dl_complete.exe

If you already have OP2 installed, DO NOT install our version over the old version.
It seems like you have the CD, so if you want the ingame movies and music, copy all .AVI files and the file OP2.CLM from the CD into the OP2 folder.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:37:40 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline DartStriker

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:46:03 AM »
Ah, so, take the download for your version of OP2 and install it in a seperate directory, then transfer my original stuff (music, movies, etc...) over into the new directory? Sorry, I suck with computer things.

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:04:45 PM »
Yes, thats exactly what you do. You actually don't need two versions. All you need is the install. Music and videos are optional. All you need to copy are the various files with the .avi extension. I'll provide a list for you.
AVIs
CEP, CES, CPP, CPS, e4, I, IE, IP, MEBL, MEBW, MEF, MEUL, MEUW, MPBL, MPBW, MPF, MPUL. *
*Note, there are files with the .dll extension with the same name. You do not need to worry about those! They already come in the download.
Music
OP2.clm*
music1.wav**
*In game music
**Menu music.

I also think I've figured out some of the initials, assuming they ever where supposed to mean anything.

I = Introduction
E = Eden
P = Plymouth
F = Final
Thats all I think is "for sure". B, U, W, L, not so sure about. I think W = Win and L = Lose or Loss, or something like that. Not sure what the B and U would mean, though.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 03:05:49 PM by Tellaris »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 03:57:09 PM »
Thats all I think is "for sure". B, U, W, L, not so sure about. I think W = Win and L = Lose or Loss, or something like that. Not sure what the B and U would mean, though.
B = Building
U = Unit
They're mission types. U is for the wreckage salvage and raid missions, B is for the regular missions.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 04:45:23 PM »
Yeah, that wasn't particularly hard to figure out... But this is off-topic now.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 09:26:47 AM »
Well hope your be joining us on IRC for multiplayer :)

Outpost 2 multiplayer is great!

Offline DartStriker

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 06:53:19 PM »
Yeah, I got everything working and didn't even need to transfer, even played a few games, I'm not so good up against humans! You guys are too fast for me! I'm used to playing long dragged out 3 hour games of building the perfect civilizations, but eventually I will get the warhawk method.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 06:02:10 PM »
Some do like long games. Just stick around and have fun :)