Author Topic: Space Stations  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Combine Crusier

Space Stations
« on: April 23, 2007, 02:06:01 PM »
Even today we have space stations.... And even when the Human race maybe in danger would we not still conduct manned space operations?

Research Station - Used to do advanced research and other projects that can only be done in a 0-G environment.
Colonists: 8 Workers: 4 Scientists: 28 Research dedicated Scientists
Modules to complete: 6
Ores: N/A

Orbital Factory: Used to construct and drop vehicles onto planet.
Colonists: 18 Workers: 2 Scientists
Modules to complete: 4

Drop Pod- Deploys vehicles trom the Orbital Factory
Colonists: 0
Modules: Built in space: 1
Vehicle capacity: 4 Tigers
Safe Drop Range: Flat Squares: 14 square radius

More data will become avalible.
Fire at will!

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Space Stations
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 05:04:51 PM »
Modules to complete: 4

Drop Pod- Deploys vehicles trom the Orbital Factory
Colonists: 0
Modules: Built in space: 1
Vehicle capacity: 4 Tigers
Safe Drop Range: Flat Squares: 14 square radius
Yes, let's drop supernovas into people's bases from orbit.
This is pretty much an equivalent of the orbital doom cannon of death and desolation idea that has been suggested and shot down numerous times.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:10:23 PM by Arklon »

Offline Combine Crusier

Space Stations
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
On the contrary.... YOU CAN'T DROP 4 SUPERNOVA'S INTO THEIR BASE!!! The safeguard to this is the fact that there needs to be 14 PASSABLE squares in either direction meaning that you can't drop in between their command center and their structure factory!
Fire at will!

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Space Stations
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:39:13 PM »
On the contrary.... YOU CAN'T DROP 4 SUPERNOVA'S INTO THEIR BASE!!! The safeguard to this is the fact that there needs to be 14 PASSABLE squares in either direction meaning that you can't drop in between their command center and their structure factory!
Then you'd just drop them into their army. The result is that nobody would have their armies travel by land because they'd just get owned from space, and, thus, everyone would just drop their armies in from orbit.
Plus, those kinds of limits and other limits such as only being able to build X amount of a certain unit hinder strategic gameplay. Rather than the player having to think and utilize a counter-strategy, the counter-strategy is pretty much built-in.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:46:30 PM by Arklon »

Offline Combine Crusier

Space Stations
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:54:53 PM »
Hey vehicles take up a tile it becomes unpassable to other vehicles! The same applies there to!
Fire at will!

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Space Stations
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 05:56:16 PM »
Hey vehicles take up a tile it becomes unpassable to other vehicles! The same applies there to!
Then the idea's pointless.

Offline Combine Crusier

Space Stations
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 06:00:56 PM »
Not so........ as long as your an X amount of distance in the clear you can drop vehicles on the OTHER side of an enemy base while your main forces are distracting the defenders.... Or........... Recon In Force.
Fire at will!

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Space Stations
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 06:02:50 PM »
Not so........ as long as your an X amount of distance in the clear you can drop vehicles on the OTHER side of an enemy base while your main forces are distracting the defenders.... Or........... Recon In Force.
Or... you can just have vehicles flanking around to the other side of the base, possibly with their lights turned off.

Offline Combine Crusier

Space Stations
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 06:07:08 PM »
That's slow and...... what if there is a cliff with no ramp...... BIG BONUS because there will be no guard posts!

And look at it this way.. You could quickly deploy new units to a battle, new repair vehicles, new geo Cons, new spiders, new Polish Sausages......... I mean new Scouts, yeah thats what I meant new scouts.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:09:09 PM by Combine Crusier »
Fire at will!

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Space Stations
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 06:22:38 PM »
Another thing you haven't considered is that this is an indestructible uber factory that doesn't need a CC connection. It would be almost impossible to kill players that have them, they'd just drop in an uber army from nowhere to destroy any assault. They'd be able to conquer the map with ease. All you'd need to do to secure an area of land is plop an army down from the sky. If all their smelters somehow manage to get destroyed, they could just have a huge army waiting in orbit to be deployed and spam them all at the other players' bases. Whoever gets it first wins... basically an "I win" button.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:28:28 PM by Arklon »

Offline omagaalpha

Space Stations
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 06:26:02 PM »

Research Station - Used to do advanced research and other projects that can only be done in a 0-G environment.
Colonists: 8 Workers: 4 Scientists: 28 Research

if all population dies or have too low pop  then I think can't use it. In fact need once while replace people up in orbit and need send material to build vechicle up there too I would assume.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:26:26 PM by omagaalpha »
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Space Stations
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
I am pretty sure every damn idea dealing with space stations has been destroyed because there really isnt any involvement of space other then escaping from the planet and set up sats.  Its survival on the planet surface not who wants to spend there time in a space station.  It would be ok if this was a RPG or a MMORTS but its not.  The game is played on the surface of the planet.

Offline Combine Crusier

Space Stations
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 08:40:28 AM »
Well I suppose this could be an option to the server..... Some people (Me) play for like 7 hours before any fighting happens!
Fire at will!