Author Topic: Research Building Limit  (Read 2409 times)

Offline omagaalpha

Research Building Limit
« on: April 22, 2007, 03:27:22 PM »
Research building limit

Related ideas:

- Space Probes And Sattilites, Unarmed space objects -put up cause give me this idea lol

Description:

I was reading Space Probes And Satellites  when hit me. Is research building should max limit amount researcher in a research building since not infinite big.  so if big research project might use more then  one lab for maximum speed.

This is a good idea, because:

- Give reason to have more one research building

This is a bad idea, because:

- outpost 2 project limit is good enough for outpost 3
- Don't want 10 dozen research labs
- When i play outpost 2 i never could have enough scientist to research at max allow

Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Research Building Limit
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 04:47:45 PM »
You can research as much as you want as long as you have the scis to research with.  If you build 2 labs and you have the scis to do it you can research 2 topics at once.

Offline Tellaris

Research Building Limit
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 12:41:00 AM »
Only near the end of a game, specifically when all thats left is the starship techs, or the last 4 missions of the campaign, have I ever been able to simultaniously reserch two techs at once (Excludeing most MP games)
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline omagaalpha

Research Building Limit
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:36:32 AM »
Always have thought that you can only do it in one lab at max do 1 topic.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:37:00 AM by omagaalpha »

Offline Combine Crusier

Research Building Limit
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 08:37:47 AM »
Hey I've done multiple techs at once in several MP games mostly I do a standard and advanced tech at the same time.....

The Original Eden Colony in Outpost 2 Campain had like 3 or 4 Advanced labs. There is one in the first mission and 3 on the one where you return to the colony....... (Thud) Say since Eden found that anti-blight isotope couldn't they go back to that colony and get the Quantum Crystal that contains the genetic codes?

Edit by op2hacker -- you have no need to be concerned about someone's grammar. Removed that part of your post.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:51:48 PM by op2hacker »
Fire at will!

Offline zanco

Research Building Limit
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »

Yes you can only search one topic in each lab at at time. But it is up to you. You can build 32 Standard Labs and research on different topics provided you have enough scientists.
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline omagaalpha

Research Building Limit
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »

Yes you can only search one topic in each lab at at time. But it is up to you. You can build 32 Standard Labs and research on different topics provided you have enough scientists.
cough if that so then point topic since aware of that but question honestly how many room is there in lab max possible scientist, if topic was like 40 - 100 max scientist ? For a lab can't rearragne self to squeze as many scientist as topic said it can.

Offline zanco

Research Building Limit
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 02:32:24 PM »
lol, this I don't know. But the numbers of scientists you can put on topic depends on the topic. I think the maximum is 16 or 18, I am not too sure. And you can have those 18 people while researching in Advanced Lab (which is bigger than Standard lab, if you are   worried about people getting squeezed).

And something else, Scientists don't sleep in the Labs :P they have houses.

if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"