Poll

Which would you rather do for the rest of your life?

Play games for a living but make very little money
0 (0%)
Make games for a living, make decent money but poor benefits
2 (100%)
Do strenuous labor for a living, make great money and benefits
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Which Would You Do?  (Read 1941 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Which Would You Do?
« on: April 16, 2007, 03:22:36 PM »
The question is would your rather play games and have fun for a living but have a hard time just making ends meet with little or no benefits (insurance, medical, dental, etc) with lots of free time to use how you wish...

Make games and make better money but deal with the fact that you would be always changing employers to find better pay and benefits, get by on decent but expensive benefits and a little free time...

Or would you rather do a strenuous labor job but make really good money, have job security, benefits, insurance, medical, dental but almost no free time at all?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:24:17 PM by dm-horus »

Offline Mez

Which Would You Do?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 04:11:47 PM »
Is there a 'non of the above apply to me' option?

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Which Would You Do?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 04:34:21 PM »
If it doesnt apply to you theres no reason to discuss it.

Offline Psudomorph

Which Would You Do?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 12:39:18 AM »
If it doesnt apply to you theres no reason to discuss it.
I don't want to sound disrespectful, or start an argument. I'm just going to gently suggest that maybe it's not a good idea to dismiss all other possibilities in one fell swoop. I think restricting people to a limited set of choices when asking their opinion can only end up causing inaccurate or incomplete results.

Unless there is some specific reason that you want to limit the scope of this thread, in which case maybe you can state that outright in the first post so that people know that there is a reason.

=====

That said, I would vote for "Make games, better money, uncertainty, low benefits, medium free time" because despite the difficulties I would be doing something very enjoyable.

I would not be content with that state of affairs though, and would try to improve the situation through various means, but I will avoid elaborating further, seeing as how elaboration doesn't seem wanted here.

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Which Would You Do?
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:52:19 AM »
I don't like being too rich. Rich people become... hmm... bad. Being in the middle is best :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:53:19 AM by Savant 231-A »
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."