Author Topic: Dns Probs  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Galactic

• Administrator
    • http://www.konker.net
Dns Probs
« on: September 25, 2006, 10:25:22 PM »
Sorry about the DNS going out of control guys. One of the VPSs that I am using as a nameserver was off. Im clueless why. Anyway, I transfered all DNS control back to the main VPS we are on.
I am still waiting on the dedicated server, but I will give you guys heads up before I move anything.

Take me to your leader! I bare the claws of a corndog.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Dns Probs
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 02:23:34 PM »
It's possible that the serial numbers got out of synch between the master and the slave servers.

Try setting the master's serial number (in the SOA record) ahead of the serial numbers on the slaves. (I know if it's managed by cpanel the serial number is some derivative of the system date). However at no time should the slaves serial number be greater than that of the master (the slaves will throw away any data from the master since they will believe that the master is outdated).

Then force the slaves to refresh the local cache from the master server.

But yeah I figured it was *some* DNS problem, either that or you had switched to the dedicated server as we had talked personally about that... anyway I'll talk to you in IRC and we can figure out what to do there.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:24:25 PM by op2hacker »

Offline Galactic

• Administrator
    • http://www.konker.net
Dns Probs
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 06:25:30 PM »
I am going to start moving all OPU user accounts and then the main accounts will go too, please be patient. There might be some downtime.

Thanks!
Take me to your leader! I bare the claws of a corndog.

Offline Leviathan

Dns Probs
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 06:41:42 PM »
Thanks for your work as allways and your hosting :)