Author Topic: OP2 Colony Games Walkthroughs?  (Read 8787 times)

Offline Strider2k

OP2 Colony Games Walkthroughs?
« on: June 01, 2004, 06:49:23 PM »
Anyone know of some, or have some?  

I'm mainly interested in the Hard levels for both Spaceship and Population games.  Especially the damn population one :/ I can't hold off bloody Tigers with a pack of Laser Lynx :P

Offline Kramy

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 09:57:56 PM »
Are you referring to Eden or Plymouth?
-Kramy

Offline Strider2k

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 11:32:53 PM »
Both :P but atm I am doing the Eden population one. I've honestly never played as Plymouth :P

Offline Kramy

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 12:55:17 AM »
Well, you need rare ore ASAP for Eden Starship, so send your lynx up to where the lava gets close and defend there, then tech as fast as possible.

I got rare ore tech and waited ~10 minutes before I started mining. REALLY bad idea, because 5 minutes after I started mining tigers were coming, and I didn't have nearly enough tigers myself to survive.

Oh, and get lots of common ore and atleast 2 vehicle plants. You'll need constant production of tigers in atleast two plants to survive many of the waves.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 02:00:30 AM by Kramy »
-Kramy

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 01:21:16 PM »
Eden Population:

The hard thing here is to get past the critical stage of getting rare ore. Use a lot of emps in your defense before you can get emp.
Once you got rare, build acid clouds (Tigers is possible) and defend the places where the enemy comes up.

Tip: Find out locations of the entrance points of enemy units and keep scouts there. They will give you a quick warning.

Tip: Move base to other side of map whenever you can. Enemy units will destroy old base and be happy. There will be 1 Big attack which you need to watch out for (from south), but apart from that enemies will leave you absolutely alone.

Tip: This goes for all maps. You can manipulate game, so that you will have a 3 bar common nearby. Really helpful, but you might have to restart missions many times to get it right.

Eden Starship:

Again hard part is getting the Rare Ore. Again use alot of EMP's for your defenses, and avoid guardposts. Begin early to get a tube up to rare ore location (play a test time to find it) or go for the lava mine south of base (if it's there)

Tip: Destroy the plymouth base directly north of your own if you can. It will help alot.

Tip: Try block entrances of enemy base so that they have a hard time getting out. This will make it easier to get rare(tigers) and and get spaceship launched.

Plymouth Population:

This is a bit tricky as you have to move base before lava kills your closest ore supply. What I usually do is to move my base to the West(The is a nice base site nearly surrounded by mountains) Here I build a main base with factories and CC. When you reach this stage you will see where all the different catasrtophes are mostly going on. Then move certaint sections of your base to safe points, where catastrophes rarely hit and build there. (Agridomes 1 place, Residences another etc)

Tip: Once you get rare ore and ESG this map is easy. Just let enemy units run through mine fields as you retreat. Before that make sure you use lots of sticky foam lynxes along with emps and micro's. They make short process of enemy units when they come 1 by 1.

Tip: The enemy units round up before they attack. Right before that place there are a bunch of rocks kinda close. Make a stand here with ESG and EMP Tigers. This defense is more than enough once you get there.

Plymouth Starship

Here I cannot help you, as I have yet to get through this mission myself. (on hard and normal that is)

Plymouth Starship II

Only way I have survived here is when I have killed off both of the Eden bases. From my experience, this is only doable with a micro rush asap. With the 2 eden bases gone, finishing the mission is no problem.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 07:08:59 AM by Highlander »
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 01:17:41 PM »
I haven't done Plymouth Starship I (yes, I, not II) on hard, but I think this goes for all difficulties:

When you start out, you'll be in a small map on an area where a huge volcano northeast of you will mercilessly burn your base to a crisp. To the west, you have a safe haven with almost no distasters, but there's no ore there at all, and to the east, you have ore heaven, but it has earthquakes everywhere. You have to relocate your base really fast before the volcano erupts. Since every time I located my single base to the east, it got destroyed by earthquakes, I would try having 2 bases: one to the east for mining, and the other to the west so you can just survive. And no, I'm not sure where the rare ore mines are, because the damn volcano and the earthquakes kill me too quickly.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 01:18:28 PM by Arklon »

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 07:13:57 AM »
Arklon.

The lava will only destroy your common ore smelter in the beggining. (The volcano north-east of your base)

The next Volcano(south east) will hit your tokamoks and struc fac... but this will only happen really late in the game.

Rare ore will be found on the west side of the map, while common will be found on the east side.

About the earthquakes. If you stay close to the lava with your buildings, and don't move to far south earthquakes will not touch you that much.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline RedXIII

• http://www.battletechmodproductions.com
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 07:32:01 AM »
Yeah, in Plymouth Starship II Hard, theres two main areas of Common Ore. A Close by 2-Bar, and a very rich 3-Bar right below the main Eden Base.

I always go after the 3-bar, If you want to keep things interesting while not making it too hard on yourself. Immediatly go after the Eden Base to the west, their secondary base. Killing that will make things a whole lot easier for you. Since you only need defenses to the north of your base to kill off Eden units exiting the main base.

You DO Have a 2-bar Rare ore close by, but far enough that you will need to build a second base just to get the rare. I usually equip it with a Command Center, Rare ore smelter, and Vehicle factory.

Apparently, if you are too slow, the Blight apparently makes an appearance here. Im not too sure, however. I never seen it myself.
-Nanaki 'RedXIII' Leroux

A pouncing cat stalks the hunting cat roar the two enraged in a death's embrace the coiled serpent crushes both. A pouncing cat stalks the hunting cat with care, the pouncing cat watches the coiled serpent crushes the hunting cat, a new star is born.
- T

Offline Kramy

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 11:33:46 AM »
I enjoy the maps with bases in them. I rush, and blow them all to bits. :D
-Kramy