Author Topic: Music  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Norsehound

Music
« on: May 05, 2004, 11:06:20 PM »
Hello.

One of the intreaguing things I remember about Outpost is the music.

Is it possible to somehow extract the music files from OP2? I know it's possible in the Homeworld series, so can't it be done in  :op2:?

And before you say 'record it with your MP3 whatever': You forget that it's hard to pay attention to the recording and not focus on the game....

Thanks in advance.
Food supply in Surplus. Power levels Optimal. Morale is Good.

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
Music
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 06:58:35 AM »
get the reVOLver program from the internet.  If you can't find it, ask op2hacker.

This will allow you to extract the *.CLM file which contains all of the music.

It's in *.raw format, so you need RealAudio or goldwave or something....

(Your Welcome)

Offline <NH> Cameron1032

Music
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 06:24:30 PM »
To be able to play it in a music player, you must have Goldwave. I will post it in the file forum if it isnt too big, or just pm me with your email, and I'll send it to you that way. There is a certain format that you need to open the music in Goldwave, but I'll need to find it first. I'll reply with more when I have it.

[Assuming you have the reVOLver, of course]
What is it good for? Absolutly nothing!

Offline Norsehound

Music
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 11:01:21 PM »
I got the music extracted just fine. But there is one small problem:

All the music files play at double speed. I had to turn down the speed to 50% in order to hear the music the way I heard it in the game. Until I find some way to save it with this speed setting then It seems I'll have to record it on my MP3 player while it's playing on my comp.

???

If someone could enlighten me as to how I can save the file with the different speed then my life would be a lot easier.

Thanks.
Food supply in Surplus. Power levels Optimal. Morale is Good.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Music
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 09:12:59 AM »
when you open the file with gold wave, it will ask you to set a sample speed, you have just picked the wrong speed, try using 11025 hz

the attributes Ive used are 16 bit sterio signed, at the above rate and ive extracted all my music files and converted them to wav files
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Music
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 07:06:37 PM »
Me I personaly dont like music and if you want info from me I know nothing. I didn't even know what reVOLver did lol (thumbsdown)  
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
Life to me is a simple game that I utterly win at.
 ^--- GD Text Generati