16 (41%)
Microbe
5 (12.8%)
Gemini
0 (0%)
New Haven (almost forgot...)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Which colony is the best?  (Read 47136 times)

Offline ZeusBD

Which colony is the best?
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2004, 11:11:13 AM »
Ahh yes, but I have seen and experienced that strategy before, so I do not disable all of my guys, I leave enough so that if the missle does hit, I have enough to defend or if it doesn't hit, I have enough to defend. I don't use just Tiger's, I use lynx thor's as well, so they kinda sit back just incase such an emergency arises, they can come to the defense of my tiger's.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Phantom

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2004, 11:12:37 AM »
but you are also assuming that I am not using stickyfoam. And am not attacking from two fronts, and..

ok, I'm just rambling now.

Ok, I think both races are good, but I just am more accustomed to Plymouth. lol

If I had spent more time with eden, then I would be eden. lol

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2004, 11:13:37 AM »
and when they do attack, I still have the other 4 missles, plus six more being built.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2004, 11:19:38 AM »
I play plymouth  on Pie, but Eden on longer term games.

Again CK9, meteor defense....so even if you did some how manage to hold off my attack, you wouldn't have enough to get to my base before I had another army built up. My meteor defense would make sure that my vec facts are up and running to get another army before you could attack with anything at all. It was like playing with Archangle<NH> one time with Ttam watching. He was plymouth, I was Eden. He kept trying your tactic's but between having to use missle's on me, he didn't have enough to disable my 3 groups 3 vec facts each. So I just kept building too fast for him to get though. The game went so long that it just lost sync and stopped. I soubt that you are as good as he was then, so I doubt that you could do what he did. When I get my internet working at home, I will play a few games to get back in the groove of things and then play you.....plymouth vs. Eden. I will be way outta practice, but Eden is so much more powerful, that it will make up for it.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

Phantom

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2004, 11:25:17 AM »
Yah, I'll give them credit for their Thor's Hammers, but overall, I still prefer Plymouth.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2004, 11:25:36 AM »
Zeus, you poor pathetic soul.  Don't you know why I do better on a team?  Normally people like you go after me.  Meanwhile, my teammates are building up incredibly large forces, having had enough built earlier to easily keep you out.  The whole time your units are attacking, it takes longer for back-up to get to them from your base than it does for me to produce more and more units to defend, not to mention I know how to aim a missle just right to hit your units and not mine.   Sometimes I even launch them into nothing-ness just to scare my opponents.  I was once good enough to call myself a higher-level intermediate.  Then I stopped playing for a while, thinking it would make me better when I got back on (worked on a different game) and I found my self on the novice-intermediate border.
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Phantom

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2004, 11:27:49 AM »
I think he's talking about 1vs.1 though

But I rarely play those games lol.

I have had no experience with op2 multiplayer for 4 years, but I can tell you that on every other strategy game I have, it is the team, not the race, that wins games.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 11:29:22 AM by Phantom »

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2004, 11:29:10 AM »
Ahhhh...now I see CK9. You don't play by yourself. So you really don't have an argument. Your argument is that your teammate would come in and kill me, but what do you think my teammate would do. If your playing 1on1, then it is Eden over plymouth. If it is 2on2, then Eden team would kill the plymouth team, if they're equally skilled players. But you realy on your teammate to win the game so you don't really know how to win.....do you.

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2004, 11:30:26 AM »
I think he's talking about 1vs.1 though

But I rarely play those games lol.

I have had no experience with op2 multiplayer for 4 years, but I can tell you that on every other strategy game I have, it is the team, not the race, that wins games.
Yes, I'm talking about 1on1 since that is where the true test of skill is. You don't realy on your teammate to win the game, you have to use your skills or you get beat.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2004, 11:35:03 AM »
my argument is that I trust the fate of my colony to those I trust enough to be my allies.  Besides, I'm still saying plymouth is better becuase of the philisophical part.  I don't remember where I found this (heard/read, can't remember which), but it holds true for this:

"One should never look at a place and say, 'I don't like it here, I'll make it more to my liking.'  Instead, one should be thankfull to have found such a place that makes them appritiate what they do like."

Plymouth is happy to have been able to find such a place, while Eden is like a spoiled rich kid, believing everything is their way or else.
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2004, 11:43:18 AM »
Ahhh.....but I would trust my allie as well, one that actually knew how to play Eden and we'd beat the living **** out of Plymouth

And to your quote, let me ask you,

Do you drive or ride in a car regularly? If so then your a hipocrite since that hurts the enviroment, but it makes things easier on you. Have you or a family member ever planted anything, then your a hipocrite since your changing it from its natural state to make it more to your liking.Do you live in a house? Then your a hipocrite since your changed the way nature was to be more to your likings, your didn't just put something on top of it, a hole was dug, pipes were ran, tree's were cut down, so then you accepted the change in the enviroment because it made the place more to your liking.

Edit: TOS violation: language
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 11:46:17 AM by CK9 »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2004, 11:52:04 AM »
I am not a hypocrate, for I cannot control what I am forced into (that's right, forced)  I plan to live on campus when I go to colledge so I can just ride my bike everywhere.  I do not plant things.  What my family does cannot be reflected on me for a reson that is stated in another quote (don't you guys wonder where I get these things?):

"The judgment of the past generations should never be placed on the presant generation, for how can they learn from others' mistakes when they are the ones being punnished for them, and thusly will want to make those same mistakes to gain revenge."
CK9 in outpost

Phantom

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2004, 11:52:23 AM »
Yah, the philosophical part is what I'm all for, I think It was in the novella that came with the game (I remeber I printed the whole thing out and my dad got ******!)

but anyways, Eden created the blight that started the planet falling apart. So, yah..

Building houses, and whatever else, hasn't destroyed the world and its been thousands of years.

Edit: TOS violation: language (can't edit one and not another)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 11:55:56 AM by CK9 »

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2004, 11:56:51 AM »
So CK9, what do you think that campus was built on? What do you think those book's are made of? For our own comfort and well being, change has to be made. And until it is done, the effects can never be truely understood. They made a mistake, but at least they tried.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2004, 12:00:56 PM »
Who ever said learning was a comfort?  If I had a choice, we'd all still be our primitive selves.  Not only would we once again have the paradice, but the HIV virus would die with 1 group of people.
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2004, 12:04:09 PM »
Let me ask you something....are you part of one of those fanatic groups that are to nature what PETA is to animals?

Phantom

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2004, 12:04:43 PM »
I dont think that word should have been removed! Its not a cussword! lol.

Or mabey it is and I didn't know it?

anyways, man must build shelter in order to survive. And since man is the dominant speicies/race/anything on this planet, we kindof have a right to find ways to survive and prosper.

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2004, 12:07:42 PM »
So you agree that progress is a must Phantom? Aside from your choice of who to play in the game, which do you think has better idea's? Eden, which believe in progress or Plymouth, which believe in picking bugs out of each other's hair and throwing sticks at the enemy?

Phantom

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2004, 12:10:30 PM »
Yah, I do agree that it was a good attempt, however It didn't need to be done, because they would have survived just the same without terraforming the planet.

Or, they should have built a spaceport, and tested the terraforming on a distant moon or somthing. lol.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2004, 12:11:35 PM »
Zeus, I will warn you once and only once: judging someone based on their moral beliefs is considered abuse and will not be tolerated.

and to answer your question, no.  There is on;y one organization I am part of, and #@^* proud to be part of too.  I am a Boy scout, rank Eagle.  I worked hard learning from that (also went to some awesome places and got to do things I wouldn't normaly have had a chance to.)

And since you mention PETA, I'll give you one guess on that one.
CK9 in outpost

Phantom

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2004, 12:19:39 PM »
Yah, I was in the boy scouts, then I quit and joined Civil Air Patrol Air Force Auxilliary.
I got to Technical Sergent.
I also got to fire an M16-A2.

But ne ways,  

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2004, 12:20:20 PM »
So your going to use your mod stick to be a bully?

I am not judging anyone on anything. I couldn't remember the name of the group so I described it. (The group is called Green Peace or ALF) So don't accuse me of something that I'm not guilty of. They have their own beliefs and I am perfectly okay with that, as long as that's what it stays at, beliefs. When they start destroying things, like cars or some other kinda property, then it is considered a fanactic group. ALF is considered by the US government to be a terrorist group, so that is what I was referring to.

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2004, 12:21:46 PM »
Yah, I was in the boy scouts, then I quit and joined Civil Air Patrol Air Force Auxilliary.
I got to Technical Sergent.
I also got to fire an M16-A2.

But ne ways,
I'm in the real Air Force and I got to fire the M16-A2 as well. I was in the Boy scouts and got some merit badges, but didn't make it to Eagle, I got bored with it.

Phantom

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »
LoL, amen to that!

Beliefs are Beliefs, but actions are another thing!

Note: The boy scouts are a good group, and I uphold there positions.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 12:24:27 PM by Phantom »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2004, 12:25:45 PM »
Zeus, the last thing I am is a bully.  You have to remember the wording of your posts has a lot to do with the acusations.
CK9 in outpost