Author Topic: OutpostHD v0.8.5 Released!  (Read 3218 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
OutpostHD v0.8.5 Released!
« on: September 27, 2021, 05:42:37 AM »
OutpostHD v0.8.5 has been released!

Introduces the NotificationArea UI element to inform users of non-critical issues or notifications that don't interrupt gameplay and the user can look at and respond to at their leisure.

What's New
  • Maintenance Facility
  • Structure Integrity & Decay
  • Criminal Activity

What's Changed
  • Structures will now slowly lose integrity (decay) over time
  • Decayed roads will negatively affect route traversal times
  • Maintenance Facility required to repair decaying buildings
  • Improved descriptions of criminal activity
  • Adjusted cost of structures to make it a little less punishing

Bugs Fixed
  • Factories will no longer push new products into warehouses that aren't operational
  • Fixed misreported warehouse usage in full-screen warehouse UI
  • Fixed display of tilemap overlays being cleared when turns are run
  • Fixed a mistake in route cost calculation that caused extremely low movement of resources
  • Fixed an issue that made it impossible to place robots before the Command Center was built
  • Fixed an issue that caused roads to be set to an incorrect animation state during loading
  • Fixed an issue where the "Take Me There" button on the Notification Window failed to set the tilemap depth

Gimme Gimme! Where do I get it?

Full release including assets available now on Github: https://github.com/OutpostUniverse/OPHD/releases/tag/v0.8.5

Many thanks and much appreciate to those who have helped by posting suggestions and assisting with code development! Couldn't have done this without your efforts!

Your help is very much appreciated!

Offline Alakelele

Re: OutpostHD v0.8.5 Released!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 12:56:15 PM »
Thank you for providing the community with your work, it looks good, I'll try again soon and see if I can get my colony running

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 01:46:12 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement!

If you have any feedback on any part of the game, please let me know. Feedback from users is very helpful for me.  :D

Offline VileTerror

OutpostHD v0.8.5 Bug Report (Mine Bulldoze) and Feedback (Tooltips)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 03:11:02 PM »
I currently have the 8.5 version, and I've run in to a condition which reliably causes the game to crash to desktop for me:
I am on Turn 153, on Ganymede, and one of my mines has run dry.  I've bulldozed the subterranean shaft structures, and attempting to bulldoze the surface mine structure causes the crash.

Additionally, some feedback:
Having a delay-based or right-click tooltip pop-up for the various structures at the bottom toolbar would be immensely helpful.  At least to list the building's costs, but also descriptions of their various functions/purpose.  I've played enough of Outpost 1.5 to muddle through, but the learning curve for this remake would probably be quite the barrier for any players unfamiliar with the premise.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 07:23:30 PM »
Hello, and thanks for your feedback!

Can you post your savegame file? I'd like to investigate that crash. I have a feeling I know what's up.

The tooltip information is something I want to do. Totally agree with you there :D Some of the other buttons and GUI elements have a similar tooltip effect, def want to expand on that. Learning curve is definitely an issue, something I want to address with better in-game presentation and documentation.

When you come across anything else, please let me know!

Offline VileTerror

Mine Bulldoze Bug Report Save Files
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 12:25:22 AM »
Took me a bit of research to track down where the save files wound up.

In doing further testing, it appears that if I bulldoze the surface structure while both shafts still exist in round 151, then there is no issue, and the underground shafts disappear on their own.  It appears that the game doesn't appreciate the player dozing things in bottom-to-top order (a habit I developed from playing Outpost 1.5).

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2022, 02:23:46 PM »
Definitely want to investigate that. It should behave normally so yeah.

Thanks for providing the files! I forgot that version doesn't have the "Open Savegame Folder" button on the IO window. New version will have that :D

Offline JetMech1999

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 05:39:53 PM »
Been away for a while.  Life happening.  Glad to see this project is still plugging along.  Hoping to run this latest version soon. 

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 09:32:54 PM »
Hoping to get back into it. I'm finally starting to recover a bit from the long haul symptoms, brain fog is starting to lift and my personality is coming back. :D

That stated, for the OP, an update. I ran your save file through my current code base and I'm not able to replicate the issues you were having. I have to guess that the issue has already been resolved. I know there were some weird regression bugs introduced in 0.8.5 that have been corrected for 0.9.0. Lots of under the hood stuff.

I may just move the research stuff into 0.9.1 and release what I currently have to resolve some of the crashy-ness.

Still though, thanks for the report! Anything else you come across please let me know.

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 08:49:10 PM »
leeor,

Looking forward to the next release of OPHD. I'll give it a play when it comes out!

-Brett