Author Topic: Outpost2 menu problem  (Read 8206 times)

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Outpost2 menu problem
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2004, 02:25:34 PM »
If you can get a blue screen in WinXP.... you're very.... lucky... (well not really.... it's a sign that your computer is majorly... screwed up)

The only times it will give a blue screen are on extremely serious problems like if it can't load the OS kernel or the HAL, or if there is a major crash in a driver.

Offline Kramy

Outpost2 menu problem
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2004, 04:26:59 PM »
I get the blue screen about once a month on my win98 SE. One program crashes(illegal opperation) about every 4-5 days.
-Kramy

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
Outpost2 menu problem
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2004, 04:02:09 PM »
... aren't all errors fundamentally due to either a lack of memory/overload on processor time requirements
AND/OR
a mathmatical erro with LHS does not equal RHS?

....in the latter, it just proves that windows is fundamentally flawed for having a BSOD.

besides, if your compy realises there is an error, i never understood why it wouldn't simply autorestart explorer, to save you having to do a full compy-reboot...
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Phantom

Outpost2 menu problem
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2004, 06:13:45 PM »
I usually get the BSOD when I do major video editing that requires 100% of my 2.8 HT P4.
It's rare, very rear.

It usually says something like:
Dumping Memory...
or something like that.

All in all though, win XP is way better.

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
Outpost2 menu problem
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2004, 07:21:25 AM »
I VERY rarely get a BSOD.  I have win98.  I have seen a BSOD or 2 on WinXP.  It was on Mustangs computer when we tried to install keyboard drivers.  (The drivers would let him customize his internet shortcut keys.)

Phantom

Outpost2 menu problem
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2004, 10:43:23 AM »
Man, with all the stuff I did on win98, I was getting a blue screen like every two days!

But anyways, Microsoft is also fazing out win98 and will stop supporting it soon. Just as a side note.

And also a side note: I hate Macs.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 10:44:00 AM by Phantom »

Offline ZeusBD

Outpost2 menu problem
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2004, 01:07:29 PM »
I got the BSOD quite a lot on Win 98 SE, but haven't gotten it once on Win XP. But I must admit, 98 SE is much better than 95 or 98. The problem I have now is that my computer is constantly freezing up and/or just randomly restarting.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline Mez

Outpost2 menu problem
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2004, 10:45:36 AM »
I have WinXP and i also have had the problems of my PC instantly rebooting for no apparent reason without warning, but i have tracked it down to a hardware conflict between my mouse and games controller which imitates the mouse.  This problem i cant slove i just have to be very carefull that i dont use both at the same time.

My PC also crashes but i have found that to be due to Microsoft Office as when it doesn't shut down properly (i.e. it instantly reboots without warning) that when you next start the PC up all microsoft software is slower or doesn't load or crashes the PC and i have to do a full/proper shut down/reboot before it will work properly.

I quite liked the BSOD as it at least gave me the chance to save some of my work most of the time, but with WindozeXP instantly rebooting i have no chance to save any work especially if it is on non microsoft software.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 10:47:59 AM by mezza »

Offline ZeusBD

Outpost2 menu problem
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2004, 12:05:33 PM »
What game contoller's have you noticed it do it on, and can you just give them a different IRQ? Maybe that's why they are conflicting....I might just have to try that myself.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Outpost2 menu problem
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2004, 07:26:26 PM »
Try connecting the controller to the USB port, and not the game port if possible. USB doesn't use IRQ's or any other of those types of resources.

(Remember: to change the IRQ's go to the Device manager and use the Resources tab.