Author Topic: Resource Overhaul  (Read 1832 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Resource Overhaul
« on: August 09, 2020, 04:04:02 AM »
Okay, been awhile since I posted an update but here goes.

https://github.com/OutpostUniverse/OPHD/pull/583

This is the current pull request I just pushed into OPHD's git repository. I've been needing to rebuild part of the game that handles resource storage for a variety of structures. I originally intended this to be an iterative refactor but it turned into a complete overhaul.

That stated, it's exposed a number of logic errors in a few places throughout the code -- which is a good thing! Means I can find and squash bugs that have been lingering around for awhile.

It also just felt good to get into the game, tear part of it away and rebuild it from the ground up. Hooman helped me make a few decisions along the way but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

---

After this, the goals are going to be fairly basic:

• fine tune resource movement from mines to smelters to storage
  • Add Truck construction and assignment to mines
  • Add Roads to construction panel to make Road Materials a useful thing
  • Update the path solver to account for roads on tiles
  • Fix a few lingering issues

There's a bunch of other stuff I want to get going as well but I'm going to slate them for a different version to kind of keep this version moving forward.

As a side note, there has been a massive undertaking in overhauling a lot of the code for both OPHD and NAS2D. Thanks go to Hooman and Vagabond without whom this project would not be moving forward the way it is. Thank you for your support!