Author Topic: Status Update  (Read 3711 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Status Update
« on: September 05, 2019, 07:33:02 PM »
Hey all,

It's been... awhile... since I've posted any updates or even been around in general. I don't want to go into too much detail but suffice it to say that mental and physical health problems lead to a dramatic decline in my ability to function, a withdrawal from friends/family/co-workers, pulling away from hobbies and everything that I found any sort of joy in and resulted in a suicide attempt and a 10 day stay in a psychiatric hospital after a psychotic episode. I'm okay. No (permanent) harm done at least. I'm undergoing treatment and am coming back to life so to speak. Yesterday I went in for oral surgery to have some broken teeth removed and my physical health over the last month has improved considerably.

So yeah... it's been a rough few months. But I still live! And I intend to continue work on OutpostHD. It may be a little bit but it's hardly dead. Just taking a break for awhile as I recover from this little mess I landed in.  :D

Offline lordpalandus

• Banned
Re: Status Update
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 09:30:20 PM »
I hope you start feeling better soon.

I approached burnout myself in July of this year myself, so I have an idea of how you might be feeling. I've also had psychotic episodes in the past, that I don't particularly want to get into. However, taken from one who has had trouble in the past, take your time and relax, and recuperate before taking on tough tasks... like coding projects. Its really hard to be creative or even have the energy to do stuff when you are depressed and miserable.
Currently working on Cataclysm of Chaos, Remade.
Link to OPU page = http://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,6073.0.html

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 09:31:29 AM »
Well, it did result in a hospital stay. :)

And lots of lost wages. And giant medical bills (even though I have insurance, go figure). But it doesn't seem insurmountable so it's already getting better. I've always had a proclivity toward depression, this just got worse way before I noticed how bad it was. Couple that with a scary word like "psychotic" and it's hard to talk about.

Anyway, thanks for the support. I'm still alive, I'm still here, and I intend to continue to start living and thriving again. :D

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 04:24:34 PM »
Leeor,

Glad to hear you are doing better after such a difficult time. I hope you continue to recover. Everything here can wait until you are ready (or not happen at all if it doesn't fit in your life anymore).

-Brett