Author Topic: Outpost 2 Post-Release Demo 1.0 no music included  (Read 7418 times)

Offline Ecke100

Outpost 2 Post-Release Demo 1.0 no music included
« on: July 05, 2019, 02:49:01 PM »
Outpost 2 Demo version installer i have, does not include music and the movie. I have try to copy music from pre demo to the Post-Release Demo, but it will not work.
Does someone have the missing files, so i can get music to work or someone have another solution to get it work? Post-Release Demo scenario in the fullversion has wrong music added.
I have already test copy fullversion music1.wav to the demo folder does not work either.

Offline Sirbomber

Re: Outpost 2 Post-Release Demo 1.0 no music included
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 09:39:16 AM »
The demo didn't include the AVIs or the in-game music, and I'm guessing the developers removed the code from the demo EXE to play those.  Remember that most people were using dial-up modems back then, and the AVIs and in-game music represent 90% of the data on the OP2 CD.  As I recall, they also cut out the ambient animation graphics, as well as the graphics and sounds for every unit/structure that wasn't intended to be available through the extremely limited demo missions.

I think the better question is, why are you trying to play the post-release demo?  The pre-demo is interesting because there are quite a few differences between it and the final game, but the post-demo is really not worth anyone's time.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials