Author Topic: OutpostHD v0.7.11 Released!  (Read 3407 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
OutpostHD v0.7.11 Released!
« on: March 01, 2019, 10:54:22 PM »
OutpostHD v0.7.11 is now officially ready for release!

This version addresses a number of usability issues that have been sitting on the back-burner for awhile. With feedback from several users, this versions should be significantly better in terms of feedback provided to the player from the game.

What's New
  • Help button to the Main Menu. This launches the OutpostHD Wiki in your default browser.
  • Resource breakdown panel when hovering over resource HUD panel.
  • Pin 'button' to keep population panel visible even if you're not moused over it.

What's Changed
  • The AI Voice notifications for errors have been replaced with message boxes providing much greater detail about what the issue actually is.
  • Robodozer's that 'die' during their task will no longer leave the tile it was on as 'bulldozed' and instead will revert it to its original terrain type.
  • Cargo and Colonist landers are now restricted to landing within 5 tiles of the command center.
  • Mine Production Window now shows the remaining time during mine shaft extension.
  • Structure Inspector Window now shows remaining turns until construction is complete.
  • Structure Inspector Window now shows the current age of a Structure.
  • Placing a Robodigger on a Mine will ask the user if they want to sacrifice the mine instead of just automatically placing the robot.
  • Robot info HUD will now only draw after the SEED Lander has been placed and the Command Center is available on the map.
  • Fullscreen mode has been removed so that OutpostHD plays nicely with the native window manager due to the use of native message boxes.
  • Window state is now saved on closing (maximized or not).
  • Window size is now saved on closing.
  • Reason for a structure going Idle is now detailed in the Structure Inspector window.
  • Reason for a structure being Disabled is now detailed in the Structure Inspector window.
  • Changing depth level while in Robot insert mode will no longer clear insertion mode.

Bugs Fixed
  • Right-clicking on a Warehouse that's under construction will now bring up the Structure Inspector Window instead of the Warehouse Inspector.
  • Right-clicking on a Mine Facility that's under construction will now bring up the Structure Inspector Window instead of the Mine Operations Window.
  • Fixed a mistake in the Population Panel that displayed housing incorrectly before the the Command Center was built.
  • Fixed an issue in the GraphWalker that could leave some tiles marked as connected when they shouldn't be has been resolved. Fix provided by Sirbomber.
  • Fixed an issue in MainMenuState that could lead to the UI buttons being clicked inadvertently when skipping the splash screens.
  • Fix failure to load when saving a game with a newly built Robot Command Center that doesn't have any robots assigned to it yet.
  • Fix an issue that left structures manually set to idle permanently disabled if they lost their connection to the CC even if the connection was restored.

Gimme Gimme! Where do I get it?

Head over to the main thread and look for the 'Current Build' section.

Many thanks and much appreciate to those who have helped by posting suggestions and assisting with code development! Couldn't have done this without your efforts!

Offline White Claw

Re: OutpostHD v0.7.11 Released!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 11:30:06 PM »
Nice job, Leeor. Congrats on another release! :D