Author Topic: OutpostHD v0.7.9 Released!  (Read 2239 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
OutpostHD v0.7.9 Released!
« on: January 20, 2019, 10:26:04 PM »
OutpostHD v0.7.9 is now officially ready for release!

This version of OutpostHD introduces the fullscreen UI's discussed here. It's been awhile coming but it's as ready as it's going to be and it's far more usable than I expected. I left in the original smaller interfaces for individual tweaking via a right click on a facility. Otherwise, to access the full-screen UI, double-click on a Factory or Warehouse and it will pop up.

There were a number of bug fixes and usability issues addressed in this version also. See the change list below.

What's New
  • CheckBox Control.
  • Full-screen Factory/Production UI.
  • Full-screen Warehouse UI.
  • Added an unencumbered classical recording of Mars, the Bringer of War.

What's Changed
  • MineOperationsWindow now uses CheckBox controls instead of toggle buttons.
  • Double-clicking on Factories will pull up the full-screen UI.
  • Double-clicking on Warehouses will pull up the full-screen UI.
  • Lots of internal cleanup that should improve memory usage.
  • Tweaked the SplashScreen state animation.
  • SplashScreen and MainMenu states now use the Mars sound track in the background.
  • Setting minimum resolution to 1000x700. I know, kind of a weird one but this is intended mostly for windowed modes to run properly on low-resolution displays (1366x768).
  • Structures that are disabled now indicate why they were disabled.
  • Bulldozing a mine facility on top of a completely exhausted mine will also remove all of the mine shafts underneath.
  • Bulldozing a Warehouse will ask the user to confirm if there isn't enough storage space to move products to other Warehouses.

Bugs Fixed
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the planet description from displaying.
  • Fixed an oversight that caused ListBox to sort all of its items regardless of whether it was in sorted mode or not.
  • Addressed a usability issue with the underlying NAS2D library that sometimes resulted in incorrect sizing and positioning of UI elements when resizing the game window.
  • Fixed 'Quit' button in Planet Selection view being positioned incorrectly on window resize.
  • Fixed a mistake in robot aging logic that resulted in a dangling pointer dereference. Thanks to OPU user jem7650 for bringing this to my attention!
  • Fixed an animation state issue that would force the AirShaft sprites that are underground to use the surface animation.
  • Fixed a crash issue that occurred when an exhausted mine facility is bulldozed.

Gimme Gimme! Where do I get it?

Head over to the main thread and look for the 'Current Build' section.

Many thanks and much appreciate to those who have helped by posting suggestions and assisting with code development! Couldn't have done this without your efforts!

Offline White Claw

Re: OutpostHD v0.7.9 Released!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 06:09:53 PM »
Congrats on getting another release put up! :D

Downloading ASAP and see if I can work on missing buildings!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 06:23:08 PM by White Claw »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Re: OutpostHD v0.7.9 Released!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:10:41 AM »
Yes, congrats.

I can see from the Git logs that you're putting a lot of work into this.