Author Topic: Status Update (January, 2018)  (Read 3987 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Status Update (January, 2018)
« on: October 01, 2017, 03:59:45 PM »
Hey, forumites!

I haven't forgotten about OutpostHD! Not in the slightest!

I recently found a new job (last week as of this post) and have been busy learning the ropes... And getting used to working full time again after being unemployed for six months (not an easy task). And a friend gifted me a copy of Factorio and I was obsessed with it for a week or so as well.

Anyway, I'm starting to settle into my new position and the newness of Factorio is wearing off so I'll start to push efforts back into OutpostHD.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:14:24 PM by leeor_net »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Re: Status Update
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 06:43:58 PM »
Congrats on the new job!

Funny, I was just about to poke this project last night. ;)

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 08:10:22 PM »
Congratulation Leeor! I hope your new work is fulfilling and not too stressful.

-Brett

Offline JetMech1999

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 03:47:50 PM »
Was poking around the CHANGELOG, and noticed that you have set a limit of 15 spaces from the Command Center for structure placement.  Is this just to keep people from trying to use miles of tubes to then set up a building?  I'm a little confused by this, because if one manages to establish a highly successful colony, they could have structures 50 to 100 tiles out from the Command Center.  A little help please.

Offline Goof

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 05:01:09 PM »
In fact you add range with the "Communication towers", it extend robot range of actions and building range.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 07:54:09 PM »
Basically the command center can support structures up to 15 tiles away from itself (giving you a 30 tile diameter to work with). This can be expanded by using communication towers (something that was never effectively done in the original game).

The idea is that the command center has a finite amount of resources that it can use to oversee a colony. Eventually I'll add the ability to build new command centers so that you can build additional colonies or maybe re-purpose administration buildings to expand colony management capacity.

Offline JetMech1999

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 07:18:30 PM »
Thanks Goof and Leeor. I figured it had to be something like that, just needed to check.