Author Topic: Wiki Theme Updated  (Read 5682 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Wiki Theme Updated
« on: October 24, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »
Alright guys, as part of my ongoing effort to tie everything together, I've updated the wiki theme to more closely resemble the web/forums. It's about as close as it's going to get without recoding half of it.

Anyway, let me know if you find anything broken. Otherwise it should be working normally.

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
Re: Wiki Theme Updated
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 02:10:17 AM »
Leeor,

I think the wiki theme matches the rest of the website very well. It is good to see the links back to the rest of the site at the top of the wiki as well.

Two things to consider on the wiki.

1. I have trouble seeing which text represents hyperlinks until I hover over them with my mouse. I think offsetting the color or weight or adding an underline to links that are not being hovered over would make it a lot easier to tell. See attached picture for I mean. All of the text in this list represents hyperlinks, but I can only tell on the bottom one my mouse is hovering over.

2. The wiki font is a little small. Maybe I'm finally getting old or something. :) If we bump the default font up a pt or two, I think it would be easier on the eyes and fill the pages out a little better.

Thanks for putting all the time into unifying the themes of the sites.

EDIT: I feel like the default font for messages in the forum could be raised a pt or two as well. Maybe some other people could weigh in. If most others like the text this small I'll just suck it up.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:13:08 AM by Vagabond »

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »
I just went with whatever the original theme went with, but I have no objection to increasing font size a bit. I'll play with it a bit tonight.

The link text I was kind of thinking about myself. I can either use the hover color used on the forums (kind of a light blue) or use the underline. I generally don't like the underline but that's one I'll also play with a bit.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 07:46:21 PM »
EDIT: I feel like the default font for messages in the forum could be raised a pt or two as well. Maybe some other people could weigh in. If most others like the text this small I'll just suck it up.
It seems the same size as it was with the old font. I don't like big text.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 08:28:56 PM »
It was the same (78%/130%). I increased it but only 2% (80%/130%) to see how it feels. Can be easily reverted.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 12:15:25 AM »
Actually, text size for code blocks and for posts under topic summary in the new reply page needs to be bigger. It's smaller than regular text for some reason.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 10:12:42 AM »
Updated. Had it set to x-small in the syntax highlighter.

I see what you mean by the text size for posts under reply is small... I'll check that in the style sheets... have a sneaking suspicion on where to look for that one.