Author Topic: Disaster mods?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Someguy12121

Disaster mods?
« on: October 16, 2015, 04:04:08 PM »
Hello, I have had this game for a long time now and I just love building things. So on some of the maps in the core game I can build at a safe pace but then disasters come along and destroy everything or I get attacked. Is there a mod that I can download that would disable all disasters?

Thank you ^^

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Re: Disaster mods?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 03:21:33 AM »
Yes, there is a "disasterlessmod". I believe it was written by Arklon. I think the source is in SVN. Might try searching the forums for a downloadable zip file. I think there was one posted, but I'm not seeing it off the top of my head. If you can't find it, perhaps someone can compile the source from SVN and upload a zip file.

Failing that, there are also tutorials on how to use OllyDbg, and a typical easy example of using it is to disable disasters. If you're looking to learn something, that might be a fun way to do it.

Offline Someguy12121

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 12:21:33 PM »
Thank you very much ^^
I will give that a shot :)

*EDIT*
Okay now I have OllyDbg BUT now I am 100% lost ^^;;;

Thank you again so very much ^^
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:37:08 PM by Someguy12121 »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 09:37:25 PM »
Hah. OllyDbg would be the learning approach.

Did you try to find the zip file first? I found it here:
DisasterlessMod

If you have trouble getting the mod to work, I'm sure someone here can help you.

Or, if you're feeling ambitious and want to learn generic stuff that could work for modding any game, you can learn to use OllyDbg. You'd need a tutorial to learn how to use it though. I found a couple of threads that focus on removing disasters using OllyDbg, including one that references the disasterless mod. You can try:
Level DLL Modding
Remove or Disable Weather (Has link to Disasterless Mod)