Author Topic: excited to be here  (Read 7318 times)

Offline Provinto

• The Anarchist Agenda
excited to be here
« on: July 07, 2015, 03:32:29 PM »
Hello folks,
I'm very excited to be here. I've been playing outpost since my dad bought the first game in the late 90s. Of course, I was around 7-9 so I didn't think it was as neat as Starcraft. Later on I started playing Outpost 2 but still couldn't figure out how to work the game. A couple years ago I discovered this site and started playing again and finally figured it out.
I've been recently getting into hard scifi. I enjoy ideas of terraforming. One thing I'm very interested in is finding other lit produced in the Outpost mythos besides the York's novella.

I'm looking forward to chatting and gaming.

Offline Sirbomber

Re: excited to be here
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 06:35:56 PM »
Welcome aboard.  I'm not aware of any Outpost-related literary works, though you're more than welcome to write a fan work, or something inspired by the general theme and setting of the game.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 04:13:41 AM »
Welcome.

People here used to write some fan based stories.

When you say literature produced in the Outpost mythos, what were you referring to? I assume you mean other works with a similar theme, but unrelated to Outpost?

Offline Provinto

• The Anarchist Agenda
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 12:28:49 PM »
Either related to outpost or not. I guess I mean fan fiction or short stories inspired by Outpost but not necessarily set in the universe.
After I posted I found the forum for fanfic. It seems like there's plenty to browse.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 10:11:01 PM »
There used to be a lot. I don't know how much of it survived the transition to the new forum software but hopefully most of it is here.

Some of it is great. Some not so much. But meh, that's what you get.

Still think it should be ported over to a different format but that's just my humble opinion. :)