Author Topic: concerning sheets.vol?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Amdar210

concerning sheets.vol?
« on: May 01, 2015, 09:32:24 AM »
Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get my modified sheets.vol to be used by the game? What I did was make a copy of sheets.vol, back it up. and then change what I  wanted with notepad. If this won't work at all, then perhaps another way to modify the stats that cause the research time, build time, etc.....
I would prefer the simplest way to do this please.
thanks

Offline Sirbomber

Re: concerning sheets.vol?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 12:03:34 AM »
When you say "modifying sheets.vol" you do mean you are extracting the files inside first, right?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Amdar210

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 03:16:40 AM »
Yes, I've been doing that. I've been trying a few different programs that I found online, but nothing yet.
I've been able to extract, modify them with notepad, I just can't find a way, or program that can repack them back into a vol that is read and used by the game.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:41:48 AM by Amdar210 »

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 10:16:44 AM »
You can just put the modified text files into the OP2 directory and the game will read from those; no need to repack the VOLs.  You can use OP2Mapper to do this if you really want to, however.  You might also want to consider making a mod you can launch instead of overwriting/replacing the original files.  Create a new folder in your OP2 directory and then create a new shortcut to Outpost2.exe.  Add /loadmod MyModFolderNameHere to the end of the target field (so if you named your mod, say, "AmdarRebalance", it should look something like "C:\Sierra\Outpost 2 Divided Destiny\Outpost2.exe" /loadmod AmdarRebalance).
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline onehand

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 03:10:35 PM »
I think you can also put your modified files in a folder called /Addon in the OP2 dir and the game will automatically load files from there (although I haven't tried this yet).