Author Topic: Future Updates  (Read 5377 times)

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Future Updates
« on: February 02, 2015, 06:13:24 PM »
As the Community is being revived, people are thinking about updates to the op2 package, i.e. improvements to the game, new content and other features. This topic is here to discuss future updates, so that developers can see what changes/additions people want or don't want.

Please be aware though, that a new feature can only be added if there's a developer who can implement it and if such developer has the time/motivation to work on it. So, see this as a pool of ideas/wishes, without any obligation for anyone.

I'm starting:

1. I'd like to see improvements to the NetFix, so that it works for more people and doesn't require the host to forward ports anymore.

2. New maps with ai would be sweet (especially co-op missions like Dangerzone).

Offline Sirbomber

Re: Future Updates
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 06:55:13 PM »
We've got a discussion about this going on already here.  That conversation is more geared towards potential balance changes rather than a "wishlist" though.

I guess if we're on the subject of new content and features we'd like to see, I've been considering making "balanced" versions of maps.  In the years since the release of OP2 it's become much more evident how important it is to have fair maps: symmetrical terrain and resource distribution, something I've felt OP2 has always been lacking with the somewhat random way ore beacons are generated.  I'm sure we all have stories of matches where we spawned in an indefensible location with a 1 bar against opponents in fortresses with 3 bars.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials