Author Topic: Workers and Scientists  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Galactic

• Administrator
    • http://www.konker.net
Workers and Scientists
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:09:21 AM »
What do you all think about making workers and scientists a little more personal? Like adding a name, the ability to assign them to specific buildings and even incorporate an attribute bonus. Just like in real life, we all specialize in a certain field. For example: A worker primary profession might be a farmer, so in order to gain a production bonus you would want to assign him to the Agridome.
Take me to your leader! I bare the claws of a corndog.

Offline Spikerocks101

Re: Workers and Scientists
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:58:05 PM »
Names never interested me, but the idea of workers and scientists getting bonus' has come across my mind before. I'd like it (could even force 1 to increase the amount of universities and crap they have).
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 05:24:20 PM »
I'm not sure if I want to manage single workers when I have 50 of them. Could be interesting, though, for small colonies.

Offline Demonliver

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 08:45:25 PM »
workers and scientists having certain attributes would be nice to give them a edge at certain jobs compared to other workers and scientists.. Though will you be incorporating a attribute system as in strength? intelligence? charisma? or just perks that each individual may or may not have?
Also, will the children inherit the perks of their parents or will they have their own that they get based off of apprenticeship?

The option to name individuals would be nice. Adds a personal touch to those who care.

Offline Fenrisul

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 10:52:03 PM »
Most management games generally have a pool or chunks of names they can combine randomly to generate that personal effect.  When you end up with 20+ of anything, taking the care to name the individual doesn't matter so much;  however the Sim City "New Town Gazette" effect is always a nice touch when it mentions a name.