Author Topic: Achievements  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Spikerocks101

Achievements
« on: June 29, 2012, 01:30:52 AM »
After playing a lot of Steam games, what type of achievements do you think Outpost 2 might have? Here are some of my ideas:

Suicide Scout: Destroy an enemy Command Centre with a scout.
Chain Reaction: Destroy an Advance Laboratory that ends up destroying a Tokamak.
Comfortable Living: Have Residences demand and Recreational Centre demand under 50%.
Infinite Fifty: Have Medical Centre demand under 20% and have an active nursery.
Eugenics: Have over a 100 population, with 80% of them being scientists, and not have an active nursery.
Piechart Rush: Win a game of Piechart in under 10 minutes.
Cold War: Have a game that lasts more then 30 minutes, where each player has 50+ military vehicles.
Starship Superstar: Launch the finished starship in a non-space race game.
Ecological: Have Solar Power your sole source of power, and have less then 50% power demand.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:32:16 AM by Spikerocks101 »
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Achievements
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »
After playing a lot of Steam games, what type of achievements do you think Outpost 2 might have?
None. OP2 isn't a konsole game.

Offline Lugia3

Achievements
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 11:58:01 AM »
I agree with Arklon on this one. Also, steam isn't for consoles.

Offline Spikerocks101

Achievements
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 02:38:51 PM »
I think achievements are pretty fun. Some are pretty clever.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Achievements
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 04:54:12 PM »
I think achievements are pretty fun. Some are pretty clever.
The vast majority of "achievements" in games are thrown in as a total afterthought by the designers, and in about half the games I've played that have them they are laughably easy to get.

Offline Zhall

Achievements
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 02:15:37 AM »
Developer: Get a working version of Outpost 3 together.

I think i get the bronze for that, after the minimal progress I made with galaxy edit.
Pumping out awsome.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Achievements
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »
achievements make a short game replay more. small little dick waving titles and medals. To go ooooooo look what i have done. there usually a s*** ton of super easy one and maybe one or two hard ones.

the question would be does op2 really need some thing to give it replay value or some excuse for some one to do 40 earth worker rushes.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Achievements
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 05:12:38 AM »
All you have to do is play Multiplayer against a very weak opponent and you get most of those achievements. No challenge.

Outpost 2 is clearly the wrong game for achievements: the game is only as hard as your opponents are strong.

An exception could probably be things that are controlled by neither player. For example, an achievement could be to survive the blight on a given (singleplayer-) map for a given time. But there aren't too many possible achievements to warrant adding them.

Offline Savant_Ace

• http://www.spitfire-sa.com/
Achievements
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 09:38:55 PM »
While I occasionally find achivements to be a positive factor of new age games, I don't think they belong in Outpost 2 at all. The fact of the matter is that OP2 is not a product of the new age, and trying to soup it into something it isn't for any other reason than to try and bring new people into the game is pointless. Furthermore, even if the goal of bringing new people into it was accomplished, they would be here for 'cred' and/or other bulls*** recent gaming concepts, not for the things that make Outpost 2 great. Maybe an idea for a future game/sequel (if one ever makes it past good idea then fall asleep cycle). Just my $4.99....

Props for some of the ideas though, Spike. They would make pretty cool mission accomplishment requirements in certian matches. It would be an interesting concept to have a multiplayer match where the conditions for winning were randomized and well diversified like that.