Author Topic: Plymouth Esg  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Plymouth Esg
« on: April 15, 2012, 06:12:21 AM »
Ok i wont make it a poll more discussion tho.

I have seen alot of talk of the other weapons. But this one. ESG is very very effective against lynx but very ineffective against tigers.  Pehaps if esg were to get a secondary upgrade to give it more damage. This would solve a couple problems.

1 It gives the late game plymouth a better chance against a monster group of thors hammers of any size.

2 It makes up for the fact that it doesnt have a stacking power like acid cloud.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Plymouth Esg
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:19:34 AM »
Maybe we should just accept the fact that ESG is not the right weapon against tigers.

If we make ESG stronger, that will make lynxes useless against a Plymouth player with (upgraded) ESG.

Also, ESG has already the advantage of not hurting friendly units.

Offline Hidiot

Plymouth Esg
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 03:36:42 PM »
ESG does sort of stack: it goes off as soon as it hits, if it lands over an enemy vehicle.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:37:02 PM by Hidiot »
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Spikerocks101

Plymouth Esg
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 05:08:48 PM »
How about give the RPG a different upgrade instead of the Supernova one. I.E. give it an attack upgrade that makes it cost 200 rare but increases its damage a HUGE amount to counter tigers.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Plymouth Esg
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:41:28 AM »
I would suggest we extend the amount of time the ESG mine lies on the ground.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Plymouth Esg
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:02:05 AM »
That would make ESG mines more like real mines and allow tactics like putting mines everywhere in front of entrances to your base and not worrying about renewal for some marks, while the enemy wouldn't know where mines are. Right now the invisibility of mines is useless, because one can see where an ESG unit is located and draw conclusions. A group of tigers driving through a semi-permanent minefield could be damaged considerably.

In siege scenarios, however, the ESG will be less useful, because putting mines in advance is not possible. More generally, the ESGs defensive use would be improved, whereas the offensive capabilities would remain rather unchanged.

The mines should not last too long, to prevent one player from putting mines on an entire map.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Plymouth Esg
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »
Are you thinking 2 to 3 times their current duration, or more on the scale of orders of magnitude?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Plymouth Esg
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 07:57:04 PM »
i dont know that the time limit that they are on the ground will help any thing. once you run over it its gone.