Author Topic: I'm Glad I Found You...  (Read 19180 times)

Offline Wischyre

I'm Glad I Found You...
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:56:59 AM »
It's not every day you wake up and desire to play a game you haven't played since you were a lad. I remember playing the patched version of OP1 and the demo of OP2 when I was six or seven. I had forgotten about it until now.

Like every other good game, there is a massive fansite like this one. It's good to see people still know what a good game is, because typically people are only concerned with their fancy new first-person-shooter games and do not remember or care about games like OP or OP2.

Now that I'm here, I'd love to help do anything I can.  I do not see myself being much help in regards to coding. I can understand almost any language, but I cannot code fluently in anything except just a tiny bit of Assembly. If there is anything I can help with, point me in that direction and I'll try my best.

I've already downloaded the full game of OP2 (Many, many thanks), however, I was wondering (And I'm all but certain you guys have already found this) if anyone could point me in the direction of the full version of the OP2 demo? I have it myself, or at least I did, but searching through a warehouse of old computers and software that I have collected is very difficult. I'd be very thankful if someone could find this for me.

Best Regards,
Wischyre

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
I'm Glad I Found You...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 11:26:21 AM »
Welcome to the Outpost Universe, Wischyre.

I am glad that you're still interested in op2. I agree with your view on fps, because I prefer strategy games. The fact that most games nowadays are fps makes me sad.

If you want to help with something other than coding, you could form a team with someone who can code and make a new mission. New missions usually require a new map (no programming required) and a dll (programming required). You can get a map editor here. For things other than mission creation, there is even more coding required.

I can't help with the prerelease demos. I have them on my computer, but I forgot where I got them.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:26:49 AM by TH300 »

Offline Venera

I'm Glad I Found You...
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:50:23 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
I'm Glad I Found You...
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »
Hello and Welcome!

The Pre and post release demo's can all be found in your current OP2.

Just start it up and open Colony Games - they should be there :)

Feel free to join us online if the AI should become too easy  :ph34r:  
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Arklon

• Administrator

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
I'm Glad I Found You...
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 12:02:51 AM »
Welcome.

As others have already mentioned, some of the demo levels have been incorporated into the Outpost 2 download. We have BlackBox to thank for that.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
I'm Glad I Found You...
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 12:29:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum, stay a while and join us!
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Cs3v3n

I'm Glad I Found You...
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 04:33:43 AM »
Welcome !

Offline Ecke100

I'm Glad I Found You...
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
Strange the post release you have, dont come with music and the trailer of Outpost 2 "extinction is not an option" =)

Offline Lukc

• http://lukc.upyum.com
I'm Glad I Found You...
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
Yeah, they have been removed for faster downloads. I believe it is still possible to download those somewhere on the website.

Offline Ecke100

I'm Glad I Found You...
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »
I can think that before, now modem is not common like before.

Offline Lukc

• http://lukc.upyum.com
I'm Glad I Found You...
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »
I am not sure about what you mean, but my guess is you just said something looking like:

I could have thought of that in the past, but now we all have a better bandwidth.

To which I’ll answer: “This is not the point. It remains faster to download the game without the musics and the videos. Besides, some people still don’t have access to a descent network access.“