Author Topic: Game Ending  (Read 6317 times)

Offline Toxitalk

Game Ending
« on: February 10, 2012, 12:15:09 PM »
I bought and played the game to death when it first came out.

I also got hold of a copy a few years ago and did the same thing.

Both times I got board waiting for the planet to tera-form.

Does the planet ever actually teraform and if it does does the screen actual change, is there a movie, end credit etc...

I remember at the time being told the game didnt end properly, but it would be nice to actually find out.

Thanks in advance.

Offline aftercolumbia

Game Ending
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:08:37 PM »
No idea.  I've exhausted it myself, and even got a funky metropolis vid that seems to imply the completion of terraforming, but after it, no change to the gameplay.  That I've only done on the "Unlimited" level, since the resource system for this game is absolute bulls4!t.  (i.e.: I know there was more to it than PrecB and MinC, but those are the only two I remember.)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Game Ending
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:37:35 AM »
I tried out OP1 a while back, but I never got to an ending...though I did run out of resources and got myself into soem trouble with the colony because I decided to let all the AI's do their thing...not a good idea
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline omagaalpha

Game Ending
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:09:14 AM »
Actual from play this I believe after terraforming is complete it's work does not effect any thing with colony and no game ending is triggered, you can keep playing it after terraforming it. :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:09:55 AM by omagaalpha »
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline Lukc

• http://lukc.upyum.com
Game Ending
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 11:15:40 AM »
As far as I can tell, the only real ending is the launch of a new colony ship to colonize another planet, which becomes available in the menu some turns after you have built a spaceport. If I remember correctly it actually ends the game.