Author Topic: Global Domination  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Zhall

Global Domination
« on: October 10, 2011, 01:56:23 AM »
Does anyone remember the global domination idea? With the recent increase in IR....c.. XMMP traffic, perhaps it would work? lolol
Pumping out awsome.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Global Domination
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 08:10:18 AM »
You mean the "World Domination" that Leviathan once wanted to do? Would be nice, but I somehow doubt, that enough people would play enough games. Its one thing to play the occasional match every now and then, but playing about 20 games (rough estimate) would take up a huge amount of time that not everyone has.

And look what happened to the Summer Tourney.

Edit: if this really happens, if enough people participate and if its well organized, I'm willing to participate.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:12:13 PM by TH300 »

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Global Domination
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:23:50 AM »
If someone would be willing to keep track of things, I'd be willing to play it :)
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Zhall

Global Domination
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 11:38:04 PM »
Basically you just need some sorta map and have capture points on that map, on both sides there would be capitals that offer some sort of defender advantage, such as like 100 mark pause for one side or whatever.

Each tile on the "map" would have certain settings

I guess you could just use screenshots and such to track who's won what.
Pumping out awsome.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Global Domination
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 05:39:18 AM »
I see.

The world domination that I know consists of several maps, each controlled by one team. A map can be conquered by winning a game (or probably 10 games or any number) on it against the opposing team (there would be percantages like "this map is owned 20% by team red and 80% by team blue"). It would only be possible for a team to play a map in or adjacent to its territory. In the beginning territories would be equally sized. Teams could be of any size. Games could only be played with equal numbers of players from each team.