Author Topic: Being Too Sucessful  (Read 4455 times)

Offline pbhead

Being Too Sucessful
« on: October 03, 2011, 12:12:56 AM »
So, everyone knows that having population is good.  Extra pop means you can build extra smelters right next to those mines, for super rediculous income.

there is something really satisifying about being able to produce out of 2 vehical factories in a campaigne game... and finish mission 10, on HARD, at around mark 600... after having launched 5 solar sats for the lulz, and as many extra starship pieces as it would allow.

Its really kinda depressing to know that i cant take all those thor tigers i captured into the next mission.  

Heres the thing. while stuff doesnt carrier over population does carry over from mission to mission.

so. the last mission of the plymoth campain on HARD begins.  there is the enemie's base. here is mine.  

with my population a bit over 300, it is physicaly IMPOSSIBLE to build a single agrodome before my people begin starving to death, let alone the 2 it would take to get myself close enough to breaking even...

... ya.

ya.

its a good thing i saved back in mission ten right before i finished that last evac transport...  cause ima not going to finish it...  :evil:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:14:06 AM by pbhead »

Offline Spikerocks101

Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 03:12:23 AM »
Considering they are taking so many people, why not use the Tiger Tanks to pull food carts. I think the programmers were like "well, we added it so that people transfer over to the next level, but since we are lazy, lets just do people."
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline pbhead

Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:31:26 AM »
ya, itd be really nice if everything was conserved and transfered over...

but, mission ten starts with... 2 convecs?

and mission 12 starts with 3?

how does that even work?

it doesnt.

i mean... i guueeess you could start a base with 3 convecs... if you use an earthworker to cut the tube between your smelter and structure factory... maybe?

if you started with an earthworker...

:angry:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:31:48 AM by pbhead »

Offline Spikerocks101

Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:39:28 AM »
You'd think the Eden/Plymouth commanders would be like this, "So, we are relocating again. Last time, we ended up leaving tons of convecs, cargo trucks and other stuff behind. Lets learn from a past mistakes to make this better again." iirc, they would end up saying that about 10 times in the campaign. I have a strange feeling that who ever was put in charge of the "Get ready we are now moving" crew was told something like "just bring what we are going to need" and interpreted as "just bring the bare bare bare minimum of what we can to survive, and NOTHING more, unless the campaign mission randomly calls for it."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:39:49 AM by Spikerocks101 »
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline evecolonycamander

Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:38:40 AM »
Well I feel the reason for non-transferable units is because of the unit limit. I mean if you reach the limit and THEN pass the mission its going to cause some issues when the mission has a few more extra buildings then the last mission. the unit limit counts vehicles and buildings so yeah, it could cause crashes
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »
Well I feel the reason for non-transferable units is because of the unit limit. I mean if you reach the limit and THEN pass the mission its going to cause some issues when the mission has a few more extra buildings then the last mission. the unit limit counts vehicles and buildings so yeah, it could cause crashes
good point, and yes that is rediculas how you couldent win with low food on start. Reminds me of renegades mission 3.... ah the good old days :)
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 08:36:56 AM »
I am always disappointed when I build tons of combat vecs in one mission and don't have them in the next mission. Well, maybe they get destroyed during the relocation by disasters or by enemy attacks.

Offline Demon-Wizard

Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 12:52:39 PM »
Its too bad there is no multiplayer colony game or some type of co-op mission.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Offline Flashy

Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »
There are survival game mode missions by the community designed to be coop missions
Praise the mighty light towers!!!

Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 01:19:41 PM »
I would like to see a co-op mission where one player takes control of the attack units and has to defend the convoy of colonists while they set up a colony. or something similar.
-famous last words

Offline Flashy

Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 04:33:02 PM »
With the other player playing the colonists?
Praise the mighty light towers!!!

Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 11:02:49 PM »
Yep. all combat units crated are switched over and the enemy AI CONSTANTLY attacks as soon as the basic colony is set up.
ramps up in difficulty too until failure or launch. something like that. not to mention the convoy is attacked every once in a while during travel... just enough to keep players fearful and not willing to fall into a lull. also so players cant just set up shop at mission start an objective saying exactly where to set up the cc(or must be in region) near the middle. Mission would be blightless and heavy on disasters(vortex/earthquake) outside a certain range from the colony(to prevent camping near AI spawn). The enemy would consist of Eden and Plymouth that are allied. players would be allowed to transfer units AND colonists BUT only the convoy player would be able to produce attack units(might require a spec. tek tree /w forced tek)

yeah, I've been sitting on this idea for some time
-famous last words

Offline lordpalandus

• Banned
Being Too Sucessful
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »
Yes necro-ed and all but...

I've always been surprised that you could run a functional colony or even a starship with only 200 people. Or is it supposed to mean that each 1 person is actually in fact 100 people so its a colony of 20000? (which is still hard to imagine it being functional)
Currently working on Cataclysm of Chaos, Remade.
Link to OPU page = http://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,6073.0.html