Author Topic: Hello - Subbed74  (Read 8301 times)

Offline Venera

Hello - Subbed74
« on: February 14, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »
Hello.  I am an outpost2 player and like to play as plymouth.  I put my username in the title cause i wasn't sure if someone already created a topic called "hello".
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:55:36 PM by subbed74 »

Offline Hidiot

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
Titles don't need to be unique.

Hello and welcome to this nearly deserted paradise. Don't let the cobwebs fool you, people still visit this place, albeit either quietly or less frequently.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Venera

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 02:38:44 PM »
:\
how come it's inactive?

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »
Hello subbed74,

I like playing as Plymouth as much as I like playing as Eden. Plymouth is usually better in non-marked games, because they have better rushing weapons. People disagree on whether Eden or Plymouth is better in marked games.

Why don't you come on irc, to find out? - http://www.outpostuniverse.net/irc.php

Edit:

To answer
:\
how come it's inactive?
Very few active members are left, because the others have left for reasons which we can only guess. (probably busy with life or other games)
The active members who are still here, are also busy with life and hence rather "semi-active".

You are welcome to make this place more active by coming on irc.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 02:42:34 PM by TH300 »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
Hi subbed.

The easiest way to explain why this is a forum with such low activity is to point out that the majority of the people who played OP2 before it was abandond by Sierra are of the age where their responsibilities must take priority.

However, that's a very simplified explanation of things, heh.  Giving a detailed reason for why it is so dead here would take some time and a lot of reviewing to be sure the wording is accurate.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Venera

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 03:00:11 PM »
Okay and I have been on the irc a few times with the username XshadowX if you saw me on there :P

Me and one my friends are thinking about making an outpost version with a third colony (not sure how that'll work though i'm thinking a group of people from eden and plymouth who left cause they don't care what's going on or something idk.).  We just thought of this yesterday and kinda need some more people to help.

Offline TH300

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »
I saw you on irc, then. Sorry, that I didn't respond. I am generally doing other stuff and only have irc open when my computer is on. If you want to get somebodys attention, you should write that persons full name (called "highlighting", because in some irc clients this highlights the name or line with a different color, and it also causes a beep and/or popup for that person. Don't do that without a good reason, though. And read the rules first, because people have been banned for highlighting (among other rule violations) already).

Even if you highlight people you may have to be patient. If that person is not at his/her computer or busy, he/she won't react. If you don't get a reaction, you can either wait or disconnect and come back later. Highlighting the same person several times won't change anything and is usually just annoying. Leaving and coming back later can make you miss the person you are looking for.

If you are only generally looking for attention, you should say something that provokes a reaction (e.g. ask a question). Then you can only wait.

As some good advice, let me tell you, that it is generally a good idea to continue other activities while waiting for activity on irc. It can take several hours in bad cases.

Now, about your Outpost Mod/Remake/Sequel idea (don't know what you have in mind): It has been tried MANY times and not one of those projects has been completed. This is why most people at opu lost motivation to work on such things. If you want to do it nonetheless, create a new thread in the corresponding forum and give people a convincing concept.

Offline Venera

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
stupid question alert: where? -_-

Offline TH300

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »
stupid question alert: where? -_-
Either in Main Projects or in Other Projects

Don't forget the convincing concept. If you do, you may regret it. You have been warned.

Offline Venera

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 03:51:34 PM »
like something that'lll convince people to play it or something?
Ima just wait on making a topic then.

Offline TH300

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »
like something that'lll convince people to play it or something?
Something that will
1. be consistent with the original Outpost 2 storyline and setting and
2. show people, that you know what you are going to do and CAN do it.

Offline Venera

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 05:14:17 PM »
ok

Offline Hidiot

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
Putting up the concept shouldn't be a bad thing either. You don't need to have the skills to implement it to have a good and well thought out idea.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline TH300

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »
Putting up the concept shouldn't be a bad thing either. You don't need to have the skills to implement it to have a good and well thought out idea.
That is true. Just don't promise what you can't hold. If you have just an idea, post it as idea. If you are not an excellent programmer and have also no team of capable people around you, don't claim, you'll actually finish something.

Why are we even talking about this? Some people here use(d) to flame other people who claimed to do <insert super cool stuff here>, but knew nothing about programming (and were generally immature).

If you really know, what you're talking about, everything should be fine. Don't pretend you know what you're talking about when you don't.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:19:35 PM by TH300 »

Offline Venera

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 06:25:07 PM »
I really don't know how me and my friend are going to start it.  As far as I know I need to learn C++ or some other C language and yeah it kinda is just an idea right now.  We haven't decided how we're going to make it yet.  We're just making some ideas right now.

Offline Spikerocks101

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 06:41:55 PM »
Well, before you go off learning a programing in general, maybe share some of your ideas with us. Making a game is good and all, but having no plans is never good.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Venera

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
A few of my ideas is a third colony like a rouge colony or something of missing people.  I'm not sure yet.  Another Idea is a new weapon involving gamma rays.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 01:11:37 AM »
The Nursury is operational :)

Welcome!
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Spikerocks101

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »
Are you implying the only new members we get are the ones we clone?
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Venera

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
???

Offline Spikerocks101

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 08:33:47 PM »
Children born cause of the Nursury are clones, iirc.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Venera

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »
lol

Offline Sirbomber

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »
Not all of 'em.  It's about 50/50.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
and the stories seem to imply that there is some tension between those that are clones and those that are made the old fashion way
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Hello - Subbed74
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 08:31:52 AM »
A few of my ideas is a third colony like a rouge colony or something of missing people.  I'm not sure yet.  Another Idea is a new weapon involving gamma rays.

My outcasters is already like this, they were as you would define 'missing' and come to new terras' moon a durring the time at which plymouth and eden complete their starship. If you would like to help that would be great, come pm me about your strengths and interests in the op2 game. XD
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:32:12 AM by Lord Of Pain »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)