Author Topic: Gaming Friday 04.02.2011  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« on: February 02, 2011, 03:43:54 AM »
Since this place seems to be rather quiet lately, I figured I'd make a topic for this.

I was hoping to play some OP2 on Friday (4th February) between 19-24h (GMT). Though, that time might be extended if there are people to play with :)
And of course, others might be availiable at different times.

Objectives for the night would be to play through the various new co-op maps, though if a 3 vs 3 should somehow present itself, that would be awesome :D

In any case, hope to see as many as possible there!
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »
my interest has been sparked
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Spikerocks101

Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 11:28:07 AM »
Kewls
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 04:52:50 AM »
Would be nice to see you there CK9

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 12:13:45 PM »
monkey wrench thrown into the gears for me >.<

I had to run from my laptop to the phone yesterday, and somehow my power cable broke.  I still might be able to make it, if the power cable I'm borrowing is left here tomarrow...or if I drag my desktop downstairs...heh

In the meantime, if any of you see a power adapter for an hp dv6000 actually made by hp for less than the $60 or so hp is charging, please let me know.  Best I've seen so far is ~$23 after shipping on ebay (great deal, but if I can get it for less that's always nice :P )
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 02:47:35 PM »
Thanks, Highlander. Thats the sort of action we need. I will be there.

Offline dembones

Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »
I'll try to make the end of it. I don't get off work until 10:30 GMT and need to work out after that. Here's to hoping I catch a game.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 11:19:33 PM »
Sounds great! I'll have to see if I can show up for the tail end of it, I'll probably be working and then have somewhere to be after work.

Also, CK9, read your PMs, I had a dv6000t that had its GPU burn up (scorch marks and all) so I might be able to mail its power cord.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 02:18:32 AM »
=) *hugs*

Right now, I'm using my mom's power cord (here's to living at home until I have a job, lol) and luckily her laptop's battery life is amazing (wish mine lasted even half as long -.-) so I'll be able to pop in for a while :D
CK9 in outpost

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 03:31:39 AM »
(thumbsup)

We'll all become legendary if we actually get to play a game with BB.
don't think I have ever seen him in a game :P

Offline TH300

Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 09:42:01 AM »
(thumbsup)

We'll all become legendary if we actually get to play a game with BB.
don't think I have ever seen him in a game :P
Trying to give people another incentive for playing today, eh?

I was in a game with BlackBox once. That was more than 5 years ago.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 06:51:58 PM »
Games Summary:

In the first game CK9, TH300, LORDOFPAIN and Highlander was unexpectedly joined by an unknown commander by the name of BlueEarth as they took on the challenge of DangerZone.
After a sattelite failure all contact was lost with TH300 and Highlander, forcing CK9, LoP and Blueearth to battle the AI alone.
Being at a serious disadvantage after losing two of their allies, CK9, LoP and BlueEarth was in the end forced to admit defeat and was shamed by the computer with the usual "You have failed. Our colony is doomed" resonating in their speakers.

In the mean time, TH300 and Highlander got Caught in the Crossfire. After feeding the Blight a couple of times, the two finally destroyed the AI and blasted off into space just shy of Mark 1500.

For a third game CK9, TH300, LoP and Highlander was again haunted by the mysterious BlueEarth. This time during a Last One Standing on Root Canal. LoP and Highlander got dealt the high grounds and was left to defend the Upper Left cliff formation from a joint coalition consisting of Green, Blue and Cyan forces commanded by TH300, BlueEarth and CK9 respectively.
Highlander, commanding the lone Eden colony on the field and defending the bottom part of the cliff, was quickly and effectively sealed off by Green forces. On the other end LoP was fighting off the combined forces of TH300 and CK9. With EMP Missiles flying everywhere, it was hard to tell who had the upper hand as forces was being build and destroyed in a high tempo.
Unfortunately, the battle was cut short by a disconnect and subsequent dropping by the junior player of the match.

Edit: The fourth an final game took place in DangerZone with CK9, TH300 and Highlander in the field as Plymouth, Eden and Eden respectively. Due to a lack of ore, annihilation of AI took some time, but was completed never the less. Failure of the Evacuation Transport with the children to show up, caused us to reinvade the AI mainbase, to try to capture an Evacuation Transport stationed there. Luckily CK9 could bring his spiders to along for the task. Luckily enough, that was the Evac. Trans. we were looking for and shortly thereafter we all had a new home among the stars.

The evenings gueststars on IRC included: Flashy, dembones, Kelvin, gpgarretboast and _A_. -In the end BlueEarth also made a first time visit to IRC.

In any case, thanks to all who showed up and/or played!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:58:17 PM by Highlander »

Offline TH300

Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 11:10:10 AM »
It was a great evening. Thanks to everyone who played. For those who didn't make it, here is a screenshot from the last game on Dangerzone:

Offline Sirbomber

Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 10:14:12 AM »
I showed up too late.  Oh well, next time.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Gaming Friday 04.02.2011
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »
Hey bomber, you'll be happy to know the missile/meteor defence bug is fixable.  I don't know how, but it didn't work against the AI on this one, lol
CK9 in outpost