Author Topic: Bug In Mission Selector  (Read 1640 times)

Offline madman_legion

Bug In Mission Selector
« on: January 29, 2011, 06:30:51 AM »
Hiya, I'm new here, and wanted to ask if there's a work around for the bug in the mission selector? Basically, If you hit D for the debug menu and then try to "come back" into a single player game, when you hit start mission the game gives an error of "Could not load script file" - slightly irritating! I can however open that level's script file seperately if i want to (if i choose run script and select the file).

Is there a work around to this or has it not been reported as a bug? It occurs in both 1.3.4r2 and 1.3.5b.

Ta!

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Bug In Mission Selector
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »
The debug menu is really kind of a testing/unfinished feature, that was meant for testing the logic when you are going from one mission to the next (so I don't think it can work properly unless you were already in a mission and then used that option, since you can share research between levels I think). It was something that existed in the game as released by Dynamix and we just made it more visible so that it can actually be directly used via the keyboard shortcut. (Since the 'run script' function is useful for testing missions that are being written by players).

If you want to just go directly to a single mission then your best bet is to use run script and go directly to the DLL file for the mission (e01-12 for eden 1-12, p01-12 for plymouth).