Author Topic: Hey Everyone!  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Sjet

Hey Everyone!
« on: December 16, 2010, 12:37:50 AM »
Hey everyone!
I grew up playing this game, it brings back so many amazing memories.
I have a few quick questions though......

1. Are online matches still and option, and if so, how?

2. I am able to some basic/intermediate computer renderings and digital artwork, I'm a design and architecture student, no animation or programming experience, but I might be able to create some nice still images for use in mods and such. I don't know if anyone would be interested......

Offline Spikerocks101

Hey Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 12:42:43 AM »
Hello! Welcome to the forums.

1. Yes, online is still done. You need to have the latest version (1.3.5 beta 2) and the goto Multiplayer -> Serial to battle. To get a match going, join the IRC, but it's some times dead, so have patience, there isn't alot of us kicking around/

2. Mods are not really possible, but fan art is awesome :D
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Hey Everyone!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 02:12:34 AM »
Welcome.

Art work is always nice. Do you do renderings of 3D objects, or strictly 2D stuff?

Offline Sirbomber

Hey Everyone!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:16:30 AM »
2. Mods are not really possible
You sure about that Spikerocks?

Anyways, depending on what you can do, you may be able to help out.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Hey Everyone!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 03:05:41 AM »
Yeah, actually 2D graphics would be quite helpful for mods. Come to think of it, a lack of suitable graphics was what stalled the dual turret GP project so long ago. All that would be required for that, is to make the Guard Post graphics for all 8 directions look like they were dual turret. I suppose you'd need to do that for each weapon, or perhaps just be selective about which weapons can be dual turret on guard posts.  Or have I forgotten something else?

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Hey Everyone!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 10:25:36 AM »
Welcome to the Outpost Universe, Sjet.

Yes, (limited) modding of Outpost2 is possible. But most of those mods are far from changing graphics or even adding new graphics. Its more like disabling disasters or adding some simple feature.

Offline Sirbomber

Hey Everyone!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 10:52:28 AM »
Only because of lack of people with art talent.  But there are other mods too, you know.  They just die off due to lack of interest.  This is why I've adopted my "don't talk about anything until it's ready to be released" plan...

Incidentally, would you mind showing me some samples of your work, Sjet?  I might have a "job" for you, if you're interested.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:55:46 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Sjet

Hey Everyone!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 12:23:33 AM »
Thanks guys for the great welcome!
Mind you I'm an architecture student, so all of our 3d models and renders are of buildings. I think I adapt and make models of units and buildings of the game to......
I'm not going to lie, I'm not crazy amazing, but give me photoshop and a few hours I can make a decent image.. . . .

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Hey Everyone!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »
If they're better then stick figures done in paint, it will be a step up from what I'd accomplish. :P