Author Topic: The Mission  (Read 10518 times)

Offline Angellus Mortis

The Mission
« on: August 14, 2010, 03:59:27 AM »
Okay, so I do not just want to make another topic, I think it makes too much clutter. I am changing the name of this though, even though I cannot change the topic name. The other one was stupid. I have now spent a year in college and maybe now I am actually get the AI to work better. That is the main reason I keep never finishing this. It is time to get rid of my crap code I was writing and do some real coding and programming.

The new version of this will be on Green World and it will still use Multitek2. I almost got the objectives setup back up and I have all the other fun stuff done.

This time, I want some help. Other then the standard kill you enemy, build stuff and collect stuff objectives, can anyone think of good ideas for objectives? Anything really.

Also, when a branch in possible objectives reach you (kill the enemy or go into space) do you want to be given the choice to choose or be randomly selected one. I was thinking if it was random, the game would be a little different each time and you would never know what to expect.

Here is the old link to the download topic if you still want it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:13:05 PM by angellus »

Offline Sirbomber

The Mission
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:58:51 AM »
Could not initialize game.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Zardox Xheonov

The Mission
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »
i guess its not just me then, could not initalize either on startup
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Angellus Mortis

The Mission
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:49:32 PM »
Dammit. The only thing I can say then is to make an extra copy of OP2 and copy the contents of the Multitek2 folder into the OP2 folder and overwrite the sheets.vol because I have no trouble with it. =/ LordofPain and you Sirbomber are the only two that have trouble with it. I copied those files directly from my OP2 folder which they work fine there. So I am not sure. Here is the link for the Multitek2 dev page which I also showed how to set up your own shortcut for the modloader. Maybe that will work for you.

Bare with me. I compiled the DLL with the wrong settings, trying to fix it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 01:31:54 PM by angellus »

Offline Sirbomber

The Mission
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »
I made MT2; I think I know how to set it up properly.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Angellus Mortis

The Mission
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »
I know that. :P That was also for LordofPain. It think my compile settings got messed up somewhere along the lines. I am fixing it now.

I compiled with the incorrect settings before. It works fine now. Sorry about the mistake. Download and enjoy.

EDIT: Update in my topic post above, read.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:13:45 PM by angellus »

Offline Leviathan

Re: The Mission
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 09:17:55 PM »
Ah so this is "The Mission v0.50"..

Very nice..  I can confirm its working. To run this, download the zip, extract to your OP2 folder, run 'Outpost2 Multitek2.bat' to load OP2 with the Multitek2 addon. Go to Colony Games, scroll to bottom and select The Mission v.50.

Here is the current download:
The_Mission_v0.50.zip

Commander:

We have just escaped from the Eden colony in the south. The things they were doing were horrible. We are on our own now Commander. We believe the Eden colony may still be some use to us. The Advanced Lab they have there may teach us many things, but we must be careful, because the Advanced Lab is very unstable and could blow if we try to interfere too much.

Rumor is that a group escaped the Eden colony also. They do not wish to be like us and they took the other path. Be wary Commander: they will probably not be friendly to us. It is best that we do not interfere with them. We must just insure our own survival. If we are careful, we may be able to keep track to what they are doing.

Lastly, we never know what this planet has to offer. There are crash site of weckage all over this planet. We must be ready for anything. Build a base and insure our colony survives.

Be careful, Commander and remember extinction is not an option.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:24:03 PM by Leviathan »