Author Topic: Another Stupid Outpost 1 Question.....  (Read 4380 times)

Offline elwood_s

Another Stupid Outpost 1 Question.....
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:26:08 PM »
I know the story: Robots quit working when their Fuel Cells expire ~200 turns after they're activated.... But if you have a Repairbot and new Fuel Cells on hand, the Repairbot will remove the dead Fuel cell from the defunct Robot and replace it with a new one. Then said robot, now "funct" once more, can continue on it's merry way.  I get that....

What boggles my mind is the economics of the practice.

It takes ten turns for a Surface Factory to manufacture a Fuel Cell. It only takes five turns for the same Factory to manufacture a new Robot, complete with new Fuel Cell.  It costs the same amount of Resources per turn to operate the factory, regardless of what you're manufacturing.  Therefore a Fuel Cell, which can revive a broken down Robot , takes twice as long and costs twice as much to manufacture as a brand new Robot?? :blink:

Surely I must be missing something!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:17:21 PM by elwood_s »

Offline IclaneKiev

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:04:49 AM »
Well the game was never finished... But yes, whats wrong with the math there? Did Sierra hire a ton of drunkies?
English learning tracker. 80% complete.
Getting a English keyboard 0% complete...

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:43:09 AM »
OP1 was overseen by actual scientists in order to make it as realistic as possible...instead it caused so much micro-management that they probably ran out of time to finish balancing everything out.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names