Author Topic: Black Holes  (Read 30701 times)

Offline evecolonycamander

Black Holes
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2010, 07:14:57 AM »
or if a BH is some how(dont know how) converted into a WH then it could start to release energy
again im useing ie and cant download the add on so no spellcheck for another week
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Black Holes
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2010, 09:27:26 AM »
if that were the case, galaxies would never form.  It takes quite a while for enough blackholes to coalesce into a supermassive blackhole capable of holding galaxies together.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Black Holes
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2010, 09:45:13 AM »
it could be a very rare occurrence witch would explain why a galaxy some times has no exact form
FIXED! spelling
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:08:44 PM by evecolonycamander »
-famous last words

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »
if it were to happen, it would cause all the cosmic bodies to become wanderers and the galaxy would be no more
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »
well super massive black holes could have been made in a few ways.  black hole collisions a really really really large star collapsing or it grew naturally over time when there was alot of material floating around.  

as said before a white hole cant exsist in this universe.  But it could in another universe where the laws are different so thats would be the only way that you can have a white hole. so you will never see one in this universe.  

Radio galaxies Just means a large amount of activity it doesnt mean a white hole.  It could have alot of pulsars or black holes How ever Not all galaxies ,that have blackholes super massive or other wise, emitt these signals.  

Well galaxies wouldnt be formed in the ways that we know them there are clouds which could be called galaxies  there just a group of stars.

Also black holes evaporate over time due to the fact they absorb negetive virtual particles. these particles destroy each other instantly.  unless in the presence of the black hole. then only the possitive particles escape.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2010, 01:20:51 PM »
My point was the force of a white hole would force the galaxy apart.

"negative virtual particles" are you talking about antimatter?  I thought it was all destroyed within the first few moments of the universe...or are you talking about something else i have yet to hear about?
CK9 in outpost

Black Holes
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2010, 03:29:01 PM »
if the WHs only appear very very rare then i don't think that the universe fly apart(more so then it already is.)
oh and i found something disturbing about the age of the (known) universe's age and size, it is AT LEAST twice its age and size if the quote i found is correct.
also as i don't have the book with me i will have to post the quote tomorrow.  
-famous last words

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2010, 03:45:48 PM »
Who said anything about the universe flying apart?  If a SMBH becamae a WH, then the galaxy it was holding would fly apart.
CK9 in outpost

Black Holes
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »
not necessarily the galaxy may be held together by its own gravity
-famous last words

Offline Sirbomber

Black Holes
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2010, 12:49:16 AM »
oh and i found something disturbing about the age of the (known) universe's age and size, it is AT LEAST twice its age and size if the quote i found is correct
So, the age of the universe is twice the age of the universe?

So u = 2u where u = 2u where u = 2u where ...

I think this may be another "the sun is powered by everything" moment.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

Black Holes
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2010, 04:13:43 AM »
He probably meant that the supposed true age of the universe is twice the known / previously accepted age of the universe. Why that would be disturbing, I am interested in finding out.

Out of curiosity: Has any galaxy been observed to have flown apart yet?
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2010, 10:44:21 AM »
ECC, a white hole forces stuff away from it, therefore the gravity of the individual parts is moot.
CK9 in outpost

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2010, 01:43:22 PM »
virtual particles are not antimatter as its called antimatter.  Virtual particles are created in pairs which are then attracted to each other and destroy each other much like antimatter and matter.  How ever like I said before the negetive particle gets trapped by the black hole and slowly evaporates it.  the positive particle is able to escape.

yes a white hole is the opposite of a black hole so it would probably be short and violent and would just explode violently but there is no way one could exsist in our universe.

as for the age of the universe who knows it could be older or younger then we think but what we have right now is a good idea based on the radiation left over from the big bang.

As for a galaxy flown apart im not sure what you mean.  since they are all in there current forms caused by the gravity of a super massive black hole if it went away the galaxy would loose coheasion and dissapate.  There are cases of galaxy collisions tho.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2010, 01:52:02 PM »
It is referring to the transformation of a blackhole into a whitehole (which, of course is not possible within our iteration of a universe).  The force of the whitehole would overpower the force of gravity, seeing as gravity is on the weaker end of the fundamental forces of nature.

I'm surprised I haven't heard of virtual particles before this...though I have heard of blackholes evaporating.  Is it known what causes them to form, or is it more of a theoretical thing to help explain the evaporation?
CK9 in outpost

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2010, 02:01:53 PM »
well a white hole forming from a black hole aint possible. at lease in my eyes.  Any way a Black hole will explode once its gravity can no longer contain its contents much like a star does at the end of its like only its due to its size rather then the fight between radiation and gravity. that doesnt make it a white hole tho.

but yes a white hole would be making anti gravity if it were opposite to a black hole meaning it would cause alot of chaos if there were ever one to happen.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2010, 06:04:11 PM »
yes, I know that, but I decided to indulge in the scenario to prove the point that the object could not be formed in such a manner.
CK9 in outpost

Black Holes
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2010, 09:24:36 PM »
i guess you will need this then.
http://www.orbitsimulator.com/gravity/articles/download.html
tomorrow i will start posting the simulations in the file forum(unless im busy)
quick edit: you will need the updated .exe file found here as well so that some of the simulations will run
http://orbitsimulator.com/gravity/beta/Gra...ta2009Nov23.exe  
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 09:26:47 PM by evecolonycamander »
-famous last words

Black Holes
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2010, 07:40:38 AM »
sorry about the doble post.
the but ive just made the first simulation of a black hole. it is located in the file forum
http://forum.outpost2.net/index.php?showto...t=0&#entry73042
i will make more but i need time
wait, doble has two b's correct?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:41:33 AM by evecolonycamander »
-famous last words

Offline Hidiot

Black Holes
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2010, 08:08:11 AM »
Call me lazy and / or paranoid, but I'd rather not have to install something to be able to view your simulations.

Also, only because you asked, it's spelled double.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Black Holes
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2010, 10:28:51 AM »
thanks. dont worry no virises and every thing works. alltho it dose crash ocasionaly

sorry bout spelling
-famous last words

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2010, 10:57:29 AM »
dude just look for this stuff on youtube i know its there what your looking for

Black Holes
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2010, 02:13:50 PM »
im sorry can you rephrase that. i had trouble understanding. unless you meant someone else's simulations are on youtube.
-famous last words

Offline Simpsonboy77

Black Holes
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2010, 10:07:33 PM »
Out of boredom I ran the simulation (does appear virus/trojan free as per Avast and MBAM). Not sure what you are trying to prove here, it just seems like elliptical orbits. The only think that seemed like a black hole was the text, which was mediocre at best.

Also why did you link us to the beta version when the actual one is available?

This simulation does not show any of the special black hole properties at all. I could rename the dots and say its comets and planets orbiting the sun.

EDIT: I found on the site a simulation that is nearly identical to the one you posted, minus the text. Are you sure YOU created this? If you didn't do you at least understand what you sent us?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:14:31 PM by Simpsonboy77 »
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Black Holes
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2010, 05:21:40 AM »
the stars and black hole, no. i did though make every other aspect of it and i was only using the MW7star.gsim file to insure that this website could transfer the file tipe. today i plan on doing the next more advanced version witch includes two 150 sun-like star clusters and in the core of each is ether a BH or WH body. as to the beta version it is because v2.0 cant handle more then 150-200 bodys at once
-famous last words

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Black Holes
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2010, 12:20:14 PM »
I dont know what Simulation you have or are using but just you made them it doesnt make them right 3rd party should be what you want that way its not bias towards you and i know what you are talking about with the star moving faster at galaxtic cores then further out and you can find it on youtube.