Author Topic: Multiplayer Connection Halp  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Maktube

Multiplayer Connection Halp
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:51:12 PM »
Hi all, I'm not exactly new to outpost 2, but I am new to these forums, and it's been about ten years since I've played. I'm trying to play multiplayer with a friend and my roommate, but we're having some troubles. We're playing over hamachi using the netfix, but whenever we all three try to play, either I or my roommate gets the 'lost connection with other players' thing as soon as the game is started. Either one of us can play with my friend just fine. I'm guessing that this has something to do with the fact that my roommate and I are both behind the same router, but I thought Hamachi would take care of that. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks much
Maktube

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »
I get major lag through ham over a router, so there are some issues it can't resolve.  If you are either using a laptop or have a wireless adapter on your PC, I reccomend trying to do it with an ad-hoc network without the router to see if that solves the problem.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Maktube

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:37:24 PM »
I don't think it's lag-we play other games on hamachi and the  ping is usually really low. Also just noticed that my roommate and I can't connect to each other's games-even to join (although I can still connect to my friend across the state just fine). D:

Offline Simpsonboy77

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 09:48:32 PM »
Try disabling any firewall you might have running.

Also netfix should not be used with hamachi, if you use hamachi use the direct tcp/ip connect.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:06:50 PM by Simpsonboy77 »
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
Wait, why are you using Hamachi AND the NetFix?

NetFix is for people who can't get Hamachi to work.

Edit: Oops, Simpsonboy77 said it first.  That's what I get for not reading what others said...

Anyways, make sure you setup Hamachi properly.  Check out our Hamachi page if you need help.  http://www.outpostuniverse.net/hamachi.php
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:24:14 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Maktube

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:37:32 PM »
aaand that did it. Figured it was something dumb on my part. Thanks for the help!

Maktube

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 01:29:16 AM »
I'm going to guess Hamachi wasn't the primary network adaptor?

Wild guess, considering I've never actually used Hamachi.