Author Topic: Some More Ai Questions  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Some More Ai Questions
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:31:15 AM »
Have I asked these before?  Oh well.

So I'll just post questions regarding AI stuff here as I think of them.  Note that I skillfully don't ask questions, but just list problems I'm having and then ask for comments on the solutions I'm considering.

1) Getting a Robo-Miner to rebuild a mine after it has been destroyed.  I tried using a building group (or whatever it's called) but the Miner just sits there.  I'll probably need to do an IsLive check on the mine and then order a VF to build a Miner and then find that Miner and manually order it to rebuild the mine, yes?  Though I may be able to skip the "order VF to build" skip by just demanding the AI always have a spare Robo-Miner around...

2) Making FightGroups work better.  Currently, the AI's fight groups will wait until certain conditions are met before they go off and attack the player.  Any units that get destroyed are rebuilt by the VF.  Unfortunately, the rebuilt units automatically charge into battle because they think the conditions they need to attack the player have been met.  This results in an endless stream of enemy units attacking the player.  I'm not sure what to do about this one.  Maybe I could alternate between a couple different FightGroups, destroying the one that just went off to fight and then creating the next one (in an endless cycle)?

More to come.  Maybe.  Well, I guess I should say "probably" and not "maybe" since I have many more maps to do...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:31:29 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Sirbomber

Some More Ai Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:36:36 PM »
Ouch, no responses at all?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Some More Ai Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 04:13:08 PM »
Note that I skillfully don't ask questions

So what are we going to reply to then? :P

Your ideas sound fine, and along the lines of what I vaguely remember built in levels did.