Author Topic: Full Working Op2 Mod  (Read 9060 times)

Offline fire team zu

Full Working Op2 Mod
« on: December 13, 2009, 11:42:23 AM »
Yes I did it a fully working op2 mod NEXT PROJECT adding new units sOmethinng else u said I could not do mwhaaahaha I'll upload when I get back
I'm on iPod soooooooooo ha also I'm gettting a gmod server and wensday will be op2 night where we build things related to op2

(thumbsup)  
Start The Protest

No
More
GFWL
Who Ever Invented It Should Die
The Differance between a good game and a bad game is windows vista

IM GONNA BAN YOU SO HARD YOULL BE STUCK IN OUTPOST 2    (fave saying to noob people in source games)

Offline Hidiot

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 11:58:02 AM »
We'll wait for a demonstration of that. And you're going to have to prove that no object has had its entry overwritten in order to accomplish that. Plus, an explanation of how you achieved this would be appreciated.

Also, if you fail to prove anything, please: grow up and start writing in a more human way.

Lastly, it takes earned respect for one to impose deadlines or fixed dates. Try to be a little bit more humble, even if it's the same tight schedule, and definitely less ostentatious.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 02:59:55 PM »
Yes I did it a fully working op2 mod
So where is it?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Spikerocks101

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 09:00:07 PM »
I always wonder his age, is it 5 or 25?
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Moley

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 07:03:01 AM »
near yours...
I HATE SPELLING!!!!!!
if i spell something or screw up grammer,
ignore it or tell me if you dont understand what i typed.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »
near yours...
Minus 5+.

Offline fire team zu

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 07:06:45 PM »
Lol I have the reserch part done. Sadly no more geocons they crash u. And I want to add a super weapon like a mega lazer that has 100 range and does 400 damage I have it where you only need 1 residance 1dirt 1 med center and sOuch beacuse I fiddled wig tech I'll relece the reserch things also opens up every teams reserch I'll add in a day or to after I fix thE geo con prob and the fact some of the nano reserch breaks the unlimited space in civ buildings anyone drafting ideas for realistic op2 units mine are to non real for op2
Start The Protest

No
More
GFWL

IM GONNA BAN YOU SO HARD YOULL BE STUCK IN OUTPOST 2    (fave saying to noob people in source games)

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 08:53:04 PM »
Oh, so you modded the tech tree to make it a big "I Win" button. :rolleyes:  

Offline Kayedon

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »
Oh, so you modded the tech tree to make it a big "I Win" button. :rolleyes:
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 12:43:52 AM »
Wow, that's a stunning observation.

You know, I initially had a bit of hope this was a slightly more serious mod. :(

Offline Hidiot

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 02:03:44 AM »
Also, if you fail to prove anything, please: grow up and start writing in a more human way.
Ok, so it did prove something. But that something makes my condition stand even firmer.
While I appreciate the effort, really, that is what makes it even more disappointing.

What's sad is that he might actually be 13 or older.
What's sadder than that is that it's not one-of-a-kind.
(I henceforth refuse to refer to fire as human, until redemption is carried out)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 02:33:41 AM »
Ok, you people need to start being a little nicer. If you're not satisfied with the quality of a post and feel the need to comment, then suggest ways to write a better post - constructively. If you feel someone is writing "bad" posts consistently, there may be an underlying reason, and being a jerk about it won't help. Keep in mind there are a number of innocent factors that may hinder people, such as age, lack of experience communicating, language barriers, access to education, or even mental issues. I don't know if any of those apply here, but the point is, only the malicious reasons are cause for banning, and we DO NOT ridicule people with other hinderances until they "ban" themselves.

Besides, you seem to be missing a very important point. This thread was NOT off topic, and he's actually DONE something. When's the last time other people who replied to this thread have done something? (Don't reply answering that, and if nobody knows you're working on something, it doesn't much count, now does it?). If you don't like what's he's done, then your post should be clearly about that, not about what you think his age is, or whether or not you think he is "human".

Offline Hidiot

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 03:29:11 AM »
And that's where relativity acts. Each person has their own ideas of what's good and what's bad and any arguments based on that can only end bad in situations such as this. (yet, some may turn to the good in it)

There's always "Who's the moderator" to consider, however. As such, I apologize for overreacting.
Yet, if we're to bring underlying factors in, we should consider that there are underlying factors that shape each and every one of anyone's actions, innocent and condescending, fair and unfair, ignorant and thoughtful, and so on.
Also, your argument of his actually doing something would call for a rant.

But, the above is off-topic.

I'll try to say it nicer then. I also had some hopes, and it's nice that he learned to edit a tech file (if I understand correctly, that's all he did... his writing makes it hard to understand, I swear!). What's not nice is the ostentatious way he's put it all forth.

Also, I have made the mistake before, so I'm only trying to help by pointing out that when editing the tech file, take care to not ruin the balance and/or spirit of the game, if you're going to talk about it publicly.

Closing remark: My last shred of faith in humanity is now 80% lesser.

Offline Sirbomber

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 08:16:57 AM »
What really bothers me is that he somehow managed to break the GeoCon to the point where it crashes the game.  Seriously, I gotta know how you did that!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »
Well, if he posts the tech file, we can always figure it out.

Btw, for those who are curious (like I was):
ostentatious - intended to attract notice and impress others; lack of elegance as a consequence of being pompous and puffed up with vanity;

Offline Sirbomber

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 01:12:20 PM »
I hope it's something cool, and not just typing in a negative number or something out of range.

Offline fire team zu

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 12:04:21 PM »
ok finally got a idea for a unit that fits in to op2 a MKV its like a conveh only holds 6 kits and a ADMS auto depositing mine system any sugestions and the super weapon will be like a super focsed lazer or microwave thing

HAHAH no no big i win button to cheap it will be a series of 10 reserches to make a building that can shoot and has 200 range 1000 damage   workin on it now not sayin mucth about it  
lol i dont know how geo con crashes it just does when deployed its makeing me think HOW THE HELL i got mad   Oh and i got some tech tree work done maby 25% with a few dumb ideas in like a super dozer lol more like relly fast and strong supernova    (ALMOST TIME FOR MY SERVER TO BE UP YAAY!!!!)

[         ]
      [   []= ]  - -  - - -  he he he (not what will look like)
      [         ]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 12:10:42 PM by fire team zu »
Start The Protest

No
More
GFWL

Offline Sirbomber

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 12:43:25 PM »
Uhh... What?

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 12:45:44 PM »
I'm highly tempted to call that post spam and delete it...
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Hidiot

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 01:29:13 PM »
You must have a more refined eye. I'd call everything he posts spam, but I guess I just don't like spending more time deciphering than reading.

Also, we're still waiting for the explanation of why the GeoCon makes the game crash. Like Siromber said, some of us hope for it to be more than a simple out of bounds value...

Should I even bother to mention the problem with long range damage-inflicting things? First off, long-range gets extremely inaccurate at a range of 20, missing its central target point I think more than one third of the time. Second off, unless the map is  world map and the two players are at opposite sides, games would turn into "who gets them first". Etc.

Offline fire team zu

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 05:32:09 PM »
OHH i think i figured out the geocon prob .... making a merge race i was testing  that  mostly but it is not implimented yet as a RACE but each facton has the others crap and i will be putting this on hold for my server for about a mo but ask me if ya need me  
Start The Protest

No
More
GFWL

Offline Sirbomber

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 07:07:59 PM »
OHH geocon prob .... In this test, Puraguinpuraguin, as my server, all the other races one by one in the first minute of the race 2 1 2 implimented either 59 2 facton 2 of the two sequences of two One of two simple models one must if one of two public, one by one to maintain the store 21 after two public hearings
For those of you who didn't understand a word he just said, Google Translator sheds some light on the problem!

Offline evecolonycamander

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 05:51:08 PM »
I did some thing like this before and all it was was that i added a tab to the vehicles file. i couldent figgure it out for the longest time and now that you know leave the poor kid alone and go harass the nebors, not me.

''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Larrythepoet

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 08:27:19 PM »
Wow... I actually ran his post through Google translator. First from English to Chinese then the Chinese version of his sentence back to English. It actually sounds BETTER!

OH I think I came up with .... geocon to give a combined probability of a match, my main is a test, but it is not implemented yet, as a game, but each faction other nonsense, I will put on hold, because it is a model of this, but the server asked me if I need my Asia

No.

Offline evecolonycamander

Full Working Op2 Mod
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 03:46:06 PM »
Wow i know i said leave him alone but that was priceless LOL
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning