Author Topic: Random Los Game  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Angellus Mortis

Random Los Game
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:21:51 PM »
Random LoS game

It uses the survtechm tech tree. Made by Sirbomber, modified by Hidiot.
You can get the tech tree from: Bla Colony Map
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:51:23 PM by angellus »

Offline Sirbomber

Random Los Game
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:23:01 AM »
I like how you used and (poorly) modified Survtech without my permission.

I also like how some ideas are ripped from MT2.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:45:25 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

Random Los Game
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 04:31:04 AM »
It is noted within the file that I have made changes. For no actual reason, just experimenting. And since survtech was the least monotonous thing for me to use, I chose it.

Most modifications were done before MT2, some may be dumb, some may be idiotic, but it's always fun to experiment and how things change if you alter this and that.
Plus, let's just say that any one change made by me hasn't received more than 5 minutes thought.

I found it helps modifying stuff like that at times, since the (very) limited content of OP2 bores after a while (and any new content only last so long).

But enough of my bla.

I like how angellus is pumping LoSs instead of the more popular LRs.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:32:20 AM by Hidiot »
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Angellus Mortis

Random Los Game
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 07:51:52 AM »
It is noted within the file that I have made changes. For no actual reason, just experimenting. And since survtech was the least monotonous thing for me to use, I chose it.

So... NOW I found out that survtechm was edited by you Hidiot. Oh well. Sirbomber, I got the tech tree from Hidiot and found that I liked it. That is no crime. Plus, I DID make one modification to it. When you used Plymouth, you could not research Mobilie Weapons Platform. I think was a mistake on your part Hidiot. Plymouth had a 0 for the cost of Large-Scale Laser, whatever you know what I mean, and it needed to be a -1. And actually I made this one because LordofPain and I play LoS alot and I wanted one that was to my liking.

Oh... and Sirbomber, a request if you do not mind. I think you should try to combine Multitek2 and this tree.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:53:35 AM by angellus »

Offline Hidiot

Random Los Game
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 07:54:10 AM »
You got it because it is used in my Last Stand BLA map. Which I gave to you to try.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Angellus Mortis

Random Los Game
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 07:54:55 AM »
Actually I originally seen it in you AIProject. I just never had the tree itself.

Offline Sirbomber

Random Los Game
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 10:49:15 AM »
Sirbomber, I got the tech tree from Hidiot and found that I liked it. That is no crime.

Alright, I've gone and added this disclaimer to the top of Survtech.
; Okay, I kinda hoped this wasn't necessary, but...
; IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT USE OR MODIFY THIS FILE WITHOUT SIRBOMBER'S PERMISSION

I went through a lot of trouble to make Survtech, would it kill you to ask for my permission before you use it?  I probably won't say no, and if you're trying to mod it I might even be able to give you some pointers...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials