Author Topic: Outpost Monorail: How To?  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Onep

Outpost Monorail: How To?
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:38:56 PM »
I have just upgraded my tech to be able use the monorail. The game help offers no information what so ever about the monorail except in the Medical Structure which is nothing important. So Im planning on winging it and connected my colony to the previously scoundrel rebel colony. But, one thing has come across my attention, I dont know how I should implement the Monorail Power. As of now I have not made a single piece of it, I'm bulldozing the terrain for space. Soon though Im going to goto work on it, but before then. Does anyone have some information about how to use it?
(I plan on updated my progress soon)  :)  
"If there is truely evil in the world, it lies in the heart of mankind."

Offline Onep

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 11:31:22 PM »
Ok, I finally got around to creating my monorail, only one problem. Once I try to move onto the next turn and let it start building, Outpost crashes. Has anyone else had this experience?

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:29:45 AM »
I think I tried that once long ago and it did crash.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 08:04:43 AM »
I built a monorail, once. I don't remember if it actually did anything, but OP1 didn't crash.

Unfortunately, I don't remember how I did it...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Onep

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 12:37:20 AM »
Ugh Im sorry I havent reposted in a few days, lifes been kicking my arse. <_<
Anyways Im still trying to figure out if there is any kind of combo to get around the crash.

Well thanks Sirbomber, atleast I have some hope of completing this. I will try and keep you all posted. Provided I can get the time to.

I wish I could assist in some of the projects around here , but alas... my programming knowledge consists of making a program say "hi" (I cant even remember that very well)

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 07:04:59 AM »
When I get access to my computer that has OP1 installed, I'll tell you how I did it.
And you don't need to know too much about programming to make OP2 missions.
There's stuff to do besides coding, though.  Like mapping... Which makes Death sound not all that bad (if you haven't mapped yet, you'll understand as soon as you try).
I have a great admiration for people who have the dedication to make a good map.
But that's all a bit off-topic.

I do remember that you need to build several structures in a very specific order or the game crashes.  I'm pretty sure you need to build a Monorail Power before you build anything else.  Also, for some reason I think the Mass Driver is somehow involved.

Well, good luck!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Onep

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »
I do have a mass driver, its complete and doesnt seem to effect anything really. Im pretty sure it requires you to make the Monorail Power first before you can even place anything else. Im wondering if you need to have the entire thing made all at one time before you can move onto the next turn.

Offline Onep

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 09:17:32 AM »
Well I finally got around to making the monorail to work. You have to build the Monorail PWR and Monorail Station first without any rails, and then make sure they are completed before adding anything either.
The only problem I've come across now is that they are inactive, it says I am missing LifeA (not sure what that is) and power. The power thing completely puzzles me because I have 3000power and only like 800 of it is even used! They are both connected to tubes aswell. Well all but one of my stations/powers are like this except the very first Monorail PWR I made.
Everything is completely upgraded and I even have starports/terraforming plants.