Author Topic: Problem Installing  (Read 1792 times)

Offline gloryhound

Problem Installing
« on: August 28, 2008, 06:21:29 PM »
once the ISO is extracted from the RAR I then use Daemon tools to load the ISO.  I run the autoplay and it pops up and asks me if I would like to install Outpost v1.5 I click on yes and the old school installer box pops up and is quickly followed by a windows message

"The second part of Sierra's setup was unable to execute.  Please try running _SETUP.exe in your TEMP directory.  If this fails contact Sierra Technical assistance for help."

about 30 seconds later the computer gives an error sound.  Upon inspection there is a new folder "PROGRAM" on the C:\

There is no _SETUP.EXE in any temporary folder anywhere on the drive.  There doesn't appear to be any corruption in the ISO.  I'm fairly confident that if I could extract the resource.000 file I'd be able to manually build the install.  Just to be on the safe side I'm re-downloading the ISO.

V1.5 is supposed to work with windows XP, but it seems to be giving me an error like it's a Win 3.11 install.   Anyone else had this issue?

Offline Brazilian Fan

Problem Installing
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 09:05:59 AM »
It's funny, I've never had problems with OP1 but a lot of folks do. Maybe remaking the ISO will do?

Offline gloryhound

Problem Installing
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 01:37:52 PM »
Yeah..  still same problem after downloading again..   Now if somebody took the installed file structure and files and zipped it into a seperate download for all to use in the case of an install problems....   :-)  any volunteers?

Offline Mez

Problem Installing
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 06:48:32 AM »
A few questions

You say your running Win XP

Which service pack?
Do you have any av / spyware-blocking software like Norton etc installed that may cause some issues

Next thing is that your 16bit compatibility files may be corrupted

try copying   autoexec.nt and config.nt, from
C:\Windows\Repair

to

C:\Windows\System32

then running the installer again

It is common for windows xp to modify and therefore corrupt those two files